Chapter 1

Seonghwa stared at himself in the mirror as his court maids brushed his long black silk hair. One of them, Jisoo grabbed a good amount of his hair putting it in a bun on top of his head placing beautiful hair pins inside so it stayed in place. While Yeji brushed the rest of his hair that would remain down, ensuring his hair was free of any knots. San was busy getting Seonghwa's outfit together, the servant picking out a beautiful silk blue hanbok with silver dragons threaded through the fabric. Once Yeji and Jisoo were done working on the dragon prince's hair, he stood up walking over to San. Seonghwa stood still as he allowed San to undress him from his night garments before dressing him in his outfit for the day. As San was securing Seonghwa's top in place Hongjoong walked in his brown eyes landing on the prince. "Are you ready to depart your highness?" He asked his hands placed behind his back. 

"Almost, let me change to my human form" he went back over to his mirror. Staring in it as he used his magic to change his appearance. His bright golden eyes, changed to a dark brown. His horns that started off black but faded to gold at the tips disappeared as well. His sharp claws became blunt nails while his sharp incisors became blunt as well. After looking himself over in the mirror to ensure he has covered everything he turned to his royal advisor. "I'm ready" he walked towards the door  that would lead out his room. As he walked Jisoo, Yeji, and San bowed waiting until he had passed before standing up right. Hongjoong bowed as well, "Jongho is already at the portal with the gift envoy" Hongjoong explained as he followed Seonghwa towards the entrance to the inner palace.

Seonghwa was headed to the human realm to visit the king. Ever since his great great great great grandfather, a former dragon king, made a peace treaty with the human king, it was customary for the next in line to be dragon king to visit the new king of the human realm. This was so they could discuss the terms of the treaty, and decide if they want to continue to uphold it or oppose it. If either side chose to oppose the treaty then another war between humans and dragons could start. Seonghwa wasn't particularly excited about going, having talked to a few king's in his lifetime and they all were rather obnoxious, stuck up, rude, and on occasion stupid. So the dragon wanted this meeting to be over even before it started but he knew he had a duty to maintain the safety of his kingdom.

When Seonghwa and Hongjoong approached Jongho who was waiting by a cave that was a portal to the human realm, the royal guard bowed. "You're highness, everything is ready and we can depart now" he spoke once he stood back up. Seonghwa nodded looking at his other guards that carried a few chests filled with gifts for the king. Going to the palace empty handed when meeting a new king would be considered an insult. So, Seonghwa made sure he'd be bringing gifts worthy of a king. He was hoping he would receive the same respect. The last king he met had nearly caused Soenghwa to burn down the palace with the gifts he had given the dragon. "Good, let's get this over with, staying in human form is exhausting" Seonghwa watched as Jongho entered the portal first, then Hongjoong. Seonghwa walked in after them, the rest of his guards following behind their king to be.

************************************

King Yunho sat in the library reading a book of romantic poems. He decided to have some time to himself before he had to meet with the prince Seonghwa of the dragon realm. He was a bit nervous. He had only been crowned king four days ago, and even though he knew he would have this meeting it still was nerve wracking. If he ended up offended prince Seonghwa in any way his kingdom and people could be at stake. He especially didn't want to be like his dad, the former king who didn't bring proper gifts for the prince which ended up being seen as offensive by him. Luckily,  prince Soenghwa is understanding and allowed Yunho's father a second chance to make up for the offense. 

The doors to the library opened. Yunho looked up from his book as he heard footsteps approach him. His royal advisor Yeosang stood in front of him, "your majesty, Prince Seonghwa will arrive soon. It's time to move to the grand hall. Yunho nodded, closing his book and standing up. He brushed off his hanbok, the red silk had a lion embroidered into the fabric with gold thread. Yeosang waited for Yunho to make his way to the doors before following behind him. The doors opened for the prince as one of his royal guards Wooyoung stood outside waiting for him. "You're majesty" Wooyoung bowed once Yunho came into view. Yunho smiled when he saw Wooyoung, "you can relax Wooyoung. Where's mingi?" He asked noticing the taller male wasn't with his friend like he normally was.