Chapter 10

Seonghwa kept his promise. The next day all of Mingi's lessons were canceled. San came into his room and helped him get dressed for the day. Today's outfit was simple, Mingi wore a dark blue and black hanbok that was tied at the waist. He wore his hair up in his usual bun with the small gold crown around it. He had also tied his sword to his hip. San said he wouldn't need it since Jongho was going to shadow them, but being a formal royal guard his habits are hard to get rid of. Mingi was currently waiting for Seonghwa at the entrance to the castle. He was excited to explore more of the dragon realm and see more of its people. 

Mingi smiled when he saw Seonghwa approaching. The dragon prince was wearing a similar outfit to Mingi's but his was a combination of green and gold. The gold matches his golden eyes perfectly. Seonghwa also had his hair down, it flowed down his back like black silk. Mingi wanted to run his fingers through it but he pushed the thought away. "Ready for our adventure?" Seonghwa asked, looking at Mingi. "Yes" he smiled wider. "Don't be out too late your highness, be back before the sunsets" Hongjoong spoke. He was glad to see that Seonghwa was actively trying to get to know Mingi better. Seonghwa rolled his eyes, "Yes mom" he teased the royal advisor. Hongjoong just glared, "jongho make sure they stay out of trouble please " he turned to the fire dragon. Jongho nodded. 

With that Seonghwa, Mingi, and Jongho left through the front gate of the palace. It took them a few minutes to reach the village. The front steps that lead to the palace were much longer than Mingi expected. Once they reached the village Mingi's senses went into overdrive. The streets were filled with dragons going about their day. The air was filled with various smells of foods and perfumes, and the loud hum of chatter filled his ears. It was quite similar to the human villages he grew up in and visited. The familiarity of it was calming. As they walked further into the village a few people bowed to Seonghwa once they recognized the crown prince was among them.

"If you see anything that interests you let me know" Seonghwa glanced at Mingi as the two continued to walk. Jongho kept his distance walking a few feet behind them. Mingi didn't know where to go first, he looked around until a stall caught his eye. The stall was covered in various pieces of jewelry. There were necklaces, hair combs and brushes, bracelets, hair pins, and rings. The jewels in them were various colors, the sunlight catching them making them sparkle. Mingi gently ran his finger over a hair brush that caught his eye. The  rush was a pearl white color with a purple and pink koi fish on the wider part of the brush. The koi fish were in a circle and in the center was a beautiful purple gem. The handle had delicate looking flowers painted on it. 

"You have a good eye, this hair brush is one of a kind. The artist never makes the same one twice" the stall owner said, lifting up the brush so Mingi could see it better. "It's beautiful " he couldn't tear his eyes away from the details. "Do you want it?" Seonghwa came up next to Mingi, seeing the hair brush that caught the male's attention. Mingi nodded, "I've never had anything so beautiful" he looked at Seonghwa. He wondered if the dragon would ever let him brush his hair with the hair brush. Seonghwa reached into the pout tied on his hip pulling out a few coins, "well take the hair brush" he held out his hand to the owner. The stall owner shook his head, "take this hair brush as a gift, I hope you and your husband's relationship prospers" he placed the brush in an elegant box handing it to Mingi. 

"I am fine paying for it, if I can help my people make money then I can share my wealth happily" Seonghwa placed the coins on the table. The stall owner smiled, "you truly are a kind hearted ruler, may your rule bring us continuous peace and happiness" he bowed. "May you continue to have good sales" Mingi held the hair brush box close to him. The stall owner smiled at his words. Seonghwa and Mingi left the stall. "I want to get something for you" Mingi looked at Seonghwa, "but I don't have any money" he pouted. He felt bad being the only one to get something. Seonghwa chuckled and removed the pouch from his waist handing it to Mingi.