Chapter 8

⚠️ Warning ⚠️: minor sexual content

It has been about a month since Mingi married Seonghwa and moved to the dragon realm and honestly he was miserable. His days were always the same. Yeji would wake him up, he would eat breakfast alone, and San would come in with his outfit for the day. Apparently Seonghwa wanted Mingi to take lessons about the dragon realm and it's subjects in order for Mingi to have an understanding about the place he called home now. So, after breakfast Mingi would take his lessons with a teacher Seonghwa appointed him. After, his lessons it was time for lunch which he ate alone. After lunch, he would feed the koi fish in the pond talking to them about his day. Then he would go to the training ground and train on his own or if Jongho was available he'd train with him. 

After training for a few hours, Mingi would ask San to draw him a bath. After bathing, he send San to ask Seonghwa if the dragon prince wanted to eat dinner with him, which he would decline and Mingi would eat dinner alone. He did this routine everyday for the past month, and he was honestly lonely, something he didn't think he'd be when he agreed to complete the mating bond. He missed Wooyoung and Yunho. He had asked Seonghwa a few times for permission to go visit them but the dragon prince always denied him for some reason. At this point Mingi was fed up, so today he skipped training and made his way to the portal. 

"Mingi, what brings you here?" Jongho was standing guard at the entrance of the cave. "I'm going to the human realm," Mingi told him. Jongho wrinkled his brow in confusion, "Seonghwa didn't inform me that you were allowed to leave" "that's because I didn't ask him if I could" Mingi responded back. "Then I can't let you leave, I'm sorry but that is his highness's rule, please go back to your room" Jongho motioned back in the direction of where Mingi's living quarters were. Mingi's expression remained serious, "I'm going to the human realm so move aside" he crossed his arms over his chest. He wasn't going to let Seonghwa keep him prisoner in the palace any longer, he was going to see his friends. "I can't do that" Jongho's expression also turned serious. He couldn't go against his prince's orders. 

"Fine then" Mingi reached into the sleeve of his hanbok going into the pocket that was sewn on the inside, pulling out a knife he kept tucked away. He held the knife to his neck pressing the blade into his skin a bit. Jongho eyes widened in alarm, "what are you doing!" his voice rose in panic. "If you don't let me through I'll slit my throat, Seonghwa and I haven't completed the mating bond so if I die he'll never become king, do you think he'd be happy if you let that happen?" Mingi asked digging the knife in his neck deeper, he didn't want to do this to Jongho but he was suffocating in the palace he needed to leave. Jongho looked at the knife pressed to Mingi's neck and then to the determined look in his eye. He sighed, "you can go through but if his highness asks where you are, I won't lie to him". Mingi pulled the knife away from his neck tucking it back in his sleeve, "I wouldn't ask you to lie to him for me, besides I doubt he'll even notice I'm gone" he said as he walked past Jongho, going into the portal. 

************************************

Wooyoung was in his room cleaning his sword when Mingi opened the door to his room. At first Wooyoung thought it was an intruder, the guard springing to his feet the hilt of his sword gripped tightly in his hands. Relief washed over him when he saw it was Mingi. "Mingi!" He dropped his sword running over to his friend engulfing him in a hug. Mingi hugged Wooyoung back tightly, "I missed you" he breathed out. When the two pulled away from the hug Wooyoung punched Mingi in the shoulder, the taller male wincing. "You didn't come visit me for an entire month! How could you forget about me!" He shouted. 

Mingi rubbed his arm, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be gone for so long" he felt guilty. He truly wanted to see Wooyoung much earlier but Seonghwa was being an ass. Wooyoung went back over to his spot on the floor, picking up his sword and placing it back in its sheath. "So, do you have any interesting stories from life in the dragon realm? How's the sex? Is it everything you've ever dreamed" Wooyoung asked turning his attention to Mingi after he placed his sword on the holder. Mingi sat down next to Wooyoung a sigh leaving his lips, "it's…it's very different from here, and no there's no sex". Wooyoung looked at Mingi like had grown a third eye, "what do you mean no sex? You two haven't consummated the marriage?" "No, the night of our marriage we didn't share a bed because Seonghwa was busy" Mingi ignored the stinging pain in his heart.