Chapter 14

⚠️ Warning ⚠️: explicit sexual content

~3 days later~

It's been three days since Mingi and Seonghwa shared an intimate moment at the cave and three days since the two spent any time alone together. Seonghwa was busy meeting with royal officials about Yongguk and Hwasa's possible attack as well as informing them about his first duties as king. The dragon had decided that today was the day he would complete the bond with Mingi. So, he had planned something special for his husband telling Hongjoong to clear his schedule for the day and to let everyone in the palace know to not disturb him and Mingi. Seonghwa waited for Mingi at the south gate which led to the forest outside the palace walls. 

A smile immediately spread across Seonghwa's face when his husband came into view. He was wearing an outfit similar to what the royal guards wear. His half his hair was up in a bun one of the hair pins Seonghwa bought for him stuck threw it while the rest of his hair was flowing down his back. He looked absolutely gorgeous and Seonghwa swallowed knowing what the rest of the day would lead to. Mingi smiled when he saw Seonghwa, he was starting to miss the dragon so when San told him Seonghwa requested his presence he was beyond thrilled. "Hello my love" Seonghwa greeted softly. Mingi's smile grew even more at his words, "hello, what did you want to see me for?" He asked. "I wanted to spend the whole day with you, I know I haven't been able to see you these pasts three days. There's a place I want to show you but it'd outside the walls of the palace" Seonghwa slipped his hand into Mingi's lacing their fingers together. 

Mingi furrowed his brow in confusion, "I thought I wasn't allowed in the forest beyond the wall" "you'll be safe with me, I wouldn't do this if I thought you were in danger. I promise it'll be worth it" Seonghwa explained. Mingi nodded whatever Seonghwa wanted to show him outside the palace would be worth it and be knew he would protect him for whatever beasts may attack them, "I trust you" he gently squeezed his hand. Seonghwa turned towards the guard that was guarding the gate telling him to open it. The guard opened the gate, showing Mingi the first glimpse of the forest. Seonghwa took the first steps pulling Mingi along as the two males walked through the gate and into the plush green forest. After the gate was closed Seonghwa let Mingi's hands go. 

"In order to get to our location we need to fly, it's too far to walk" he explained as he turned to Mingi, "I'll have to turn into my dragon form, wait here" he turned back around walking into the forest. Mingi watched nervously as Seonghwa disappeared  behind the trees. Reflexively Mingi placed his hand on the hilt of his sword, eyes and ears peeled for any sign of danger. After a few minutes Mingi's breath hitched when Seonghwa emerged. In front of him was a dragon that towered over the trees. His scales were black with small flecks of gold that shimmered in the sun. His family black horns that faded into gold at the top were much larger and Mingi felt that if he tried Seonghwa could pierce the sun with them. When Seonghwa's golden eyes landed on him he leaned down so his face was in front of Mingi's, the dragon's breath hot across his skin.

"You look beautiful Seonghwa" Mingi reached up placing his hand on Seonghwa's nose, the skin was hard and warm underneath his touch. Seonghwa's eyes closed as he leaned into the touch. When be opened his eyes again he extended his wing to the ground turning his attention to it. Mingi watched looking at the large black wing, "want me to climb up it?" He asked. Seonghwa nodded huffing out a breath in affirmation. Since the haven't completed the bond Seonghwa is unable to communicate with him telepathically. Mingi nodded going over to the wing. He took the first step onto the appendage looking at Seonghwa's reaction. The dragon didn't react meaning he wasn't in pain. Relieved to know he wasn't hurting him he began climbing the rest of the way. Once be was on Seonghwa's back he scooted forward a bit till he was resting closer to the dragon's neck. "How do I not fall off?" He asked looking around for anything he could grab.