Chapter 5

After the meeting with Seonghwa, Yunho left the throne room with Yeosang. The king needed time to himself to process everything that happened. Mingi also needed to clear his mind. The guard made his way over to the koi pond that was in the center of the palace. He always came here when he needed to clear his mind, feeding the koi fish let him focus on other things. Mingi gently through the food in the water watching as the fish all gathered to the surface to eat the food. "What's got you so serious looking " Wooyoung asked Mingi as he came up next to his friend. 

He had been searching for Mingi after he heard that Seonghwa had left the palace. He was dying from curiosity about what the dragon prince wanted to meet Mingi for. "It appears I'm Prince Seonghwa's mate" Mingi began. Wooyoung's eyes widened, "for real? You're his mate? But I thought dragons can't mate with humans" his brow wrinkled in confusion. Mingi turned his full attention to his shorter friend, "apparently they can, it's just fate hasn't chosen a human as mate until me" he explained. Wooyoung nodded looking at the koi fish, they swam around looking for more food. "I'm supposed to complete the first half of the mating bond, there's going to be a marriage ceremony" Mingi continued to explain. 

Wooyoung looked at him, "I'm so jealous, I always thought I'd be the one to get married first" he pouted. Mingi rolled his eyes throwing some more food into the pond, the koi fish quickly devoured it. "You and I both know you're too much of a whore to settle" he teased playfully. Wooyoung smirked, "takes one to know one" he teased back, "wait if you have to complete the mating bond does that mean" he covered his mouth, "Oh are you sure you're ready for that? Based on the books about dragon anatomy I've read that dragons are quite well endowed ". Mingi tried to stop blushing at Wooyoung's words, "must you be so vulgar " he mumbled throwing the rest of the food in the pond.

Wooyoung held onto Mingi's arm, "you have to give me all the details when you two have sex, I may never get to fuck a dragon so I need to live through you" he pleaded. Mingi shook Wooyoung off him shaking his head, "why did I have to befriend you of all people " be muttered. Wooyoung just smiled, "because you love me" he playfully winked. Mingi chuckled, he couldn't deny that. Wooyoung's expression turned serious, "how are you feeling about this though? I'm sure it's a lot to process". Even when he would joke around and tease Mingi, Wooyoung was always looking out for his friend. Mingi sighed, "it's all so sudden, and I still can't wrap my head around it, but Prince Seonghwa needs my help so he can become king and take the throne, I feel good knowing I can help him out" Mingi admitted.

"Imma miss you, it's going to be weird not having you around " Wooyoung pouted, this time his pout was for real. "You act like I'm going away forever, I can still visit you whenever I want" Mingi chuckled, Wooyoung could be dramatic at times. "You better visit me" he playfully punched Mingi's arms, "I'll come to the dragon realm myself if you dont" he smiled. Mingi smiled as well. "Shall we go train for a bit before we eat lunch?" Wooyoung asked, since the meeting was in the morning Mingi had to miss their morning training session. Mingi nodded, "sounds good". The two guards left the koi pond, making their way to the training ground. 

************************************

It was now nighttime and most of the palace was fast asleep. Mingi was I his room, reading a book before he went to bed. There was a knock on his door, which surprised him because he wasn't expecting any visitors. Unless Wooyoung came to drink some alcohol late at night. Mingi closed his book, making his way over to the door. He slowly opened it, a bit surprised to see Yunho standing outside. "Your majesty! What brings you here at this hour? Everything okay?" Mingi asked as he stepped out into the cool night air. Yunho's eyes looked over Mingi's figure. The male was out of his usual guard attire which consisted of dark blue outerwear that was a bight fitting around the arms, with the royal crest embroidered into the fabric in silver. 

Mingi was wearing a loose fitted white night wear and his hair that was normally kept in a high bun was down, his brown hair looked soft. Yunho resisted the urge to run his fingers through it. "I couldn't sleep and I thought you'd like to accompany me on a walk?" Yunho asked, returning his attention to Mingi's face. "I would love to accompany you your majesty" Mingi smiled. He slipped his shoes on and the two males began their leisurely walk through the palace. Yunhl held his hands behind his back, as the two walked in silence for a while. Mingi was looking at the sky mesmerized by the stars. He wondered if he would be able to see them in the dragon realm. 

Yunho glanced at him, the soft glow of the lanterns that kept the palace illuminated surrounded Mingi. He looked beautiful, Yunho found himself staring at him a bit longer. Mingi noticed turning his attention to the king, "everything okay yunho?" He asked calling him by his name since they were alone.  "How are you feeling about everything that's transpired today?" Yunho asked him. He wasn't surprised he was getting asked this question again. "Honestly, I still can't believe that someone like me is Prince Seonghwa's mate" he confessed. Yunho stopped walking turning his body to face Mingi fully, "what do you mean?". 

Mingi stopped walking as well, "I mean, how can someone like me get the honor of being the dragons princes mate. I don't come from a prominent family, I'm not royalty or anything close. I'm just an orphan that became a royal guard. I'm worried that who I am will tarnish his highness's reputation" he confessed, looking down at the ground. "You're wrong" Yunho's words were firm. Mingi looked at him a bit surprised by them. Yunho stepped closer to his friend, "you are the most selfless, kind hearted person I know. You always try to understand everyone around you and always put others' needs before your own. Despite your past you made something out of yourself through own hard work. Prince Seonghwa is lucky to have you as his mate, and the dragon realm will be lucky to have you as a ruler. Don't think so little of yourself Mingi". 

Yunho's words struck Mingi deeply. The king always knew how to make Mingi relax and bring him out of his head. "Thank you, what you said means a lot and my worries have been eased a little" he smiled. Yunho smiled back. "Ah!" Mingi shouted as he realized something, "your wish I need to grant it still" so has much happened since yesterday that Mingi hasn't been able to grant Yunho's wish. "Oh, you don't need too" Yunho reassured Mingi. Mingi shook his head, "I promised I would, it would be rude of me to go back on that promise. What's your wish Yunho". Yunho's eyes went to Mingi's lips, his heart aching at the thought of seeing someone else kiss them. 

"I want" he started off, his eyes lingering on Mingi's lips for a second longer before he tore them away, "I want you to take me to that kalguksu place that's in the village, we haven't been in a while and I have been craving it" he finally spoke a soft smile on his face. Yunho knew he couldn't tell Mingi his real wish, no matter how bad he wanted to. Mingi belonged to someone else now, and he had to respect Seonghwa. Mingi's expression brightened, "I can definitely fulfill that, I've been wanting to eat some too, we can tomorrow afternoon.  

One last hoorah before I get married". Yunho continued to smile despite his heart aching at Mingi's words, "that sounds perfect" he looked up at the sky seeing the moon was now directly over them. "We should head back, it's rather late" Mingi spoke, he was also looking at the moon. Yunho nodded, "I agree,  let me walk you back to your room". The two headed back to Mingi's room. The guard slipped off his shoes as he stepped onto the wooden floors that were outside his door. "Sleep well your majesty" he told Yunho. "Sleep well Mingi" he watched as Mingi bowed to him before slipping into his room. Once Mingi was out of his sight Yunho sighed. He walked back to his room, "you better take care of him Seonghwa" he mumbled to himself as he looked up at the moon.