Chapter 4

"Stop brooding" Hongjoong sighed as he watched Seonghwa sitting at his table staring at a page in the book he was reading. "I'm not brooding" he responded calmly as he flipped the page. At his words another loud crack of thunder sounded. Jongho and San flinched at the noise. They were all inside Seonghwa's room, after Hongjoong and San returned from the human realm, the storm continued in the dragon realm. San had brought Jongho up to speed with the situation, the guard could barely contain his shock that their prince was mates with a human. 

"You say that but the thunderstorm outside proves otherwise " Hongjoong crossed his arms. The storm outside continued to rage on. "This is why you need to complete the mating bond and get your powers under control " he urged. At his words Seonghwa glared at his royal advisor, his eyes burning a bright gold as thunder sounded outside shaking the foundation of the castle. Jongho and San quickly moved away from the windows. "My powers are perfectly under control, I will not tarnish my legacy by mating a human" Seonghwa went back to reading. Hongjoong just sighed at his words. The prince could be rather hard headed. 

"At least complete the marriage portion, that way you'll have a bit more control over your powers" Hongjoong suggested this time. His words were met with a crack of lightning outside. At this rate Seonghwa would drown the entire realm. Since he was still considered a fledgling Seonghwa's powers were not in his control, they were based entirely on his mood. When he was happy the sun shone brightly and the sky was clear. When he was upset, thunderstorms formed and it would rain until his mood was alleviated. When he was sad or depressed the sky would darken and it would rain heavily. Seonghwa turned a page in his book, "do you really think my subjects would respect me if I married a human?" He asked not looking at Hongjoong. 

The earth dragon sighed, turning his attention to the other two males in the room. His green eyes landed on Jongho. 'Help me' he mouthed to the fire dragon. Jongho sighed and stepped forward, "your highness if I may speak" he started off. Seonghwa looked up at Jongho, remaining silent. "Everyone knows that our mates are chosen by fate. They'll understand even if your mate is a human" another flash of lightning crackled through the sky but Jongho continued. "What we need is for you to take the throne as our king and rule the realm. You can only do that if you complete the mating bond, once you mature and have control of your powers then you can send the human back to his realm. It was never stated that you have to rule with him" Jongho finished. 

Seonghwa took in his guards words, the storm outside calming a bit. Hongjoong sighed relieved, he really did fear that Seonghwa was going to drown their entire realm. "I suppose you're correct,I only need him to mature and become king" he said, closing his book. "I don't think you should use him like that though, he's your mate whether you like it or not, you should treat him as such" San spoke up this time. Seonghwa turned to his friend, his golden eyes meeting with San's blue one's. The water dragon had a serious look on his face, something Seonghwa rarely saw. "What are you suggesting I do San? Fall in love with him?" He asked with irritation in his voice. The storm picked up again. Hongjoong gently placed his hand on his mates shoulder, "sannie calm down please, Jongho is right there's no law saying Seonghwa has to rule with his mate once the bond is complete" he spoke softly. 

San ignored his mates words, "at least let him stay here in the palace, you don't have to love him but he's your mate your highness, if your subjects see you treating him like trash then how do you think that'll affect your image?". Seonghwa thought about what San said, the storm calming again. "I suppose he can stay here, I should keep an eye on him so he doesn't embarrass me" by now Seonghwa's mood had lifted a bit. The storm now just faint raindrops. Hongjoong finally relaxed, he removed his hand from San's shoulder. "We'll need to go back to the human realm and inform the king, since this is technically going to be a union of the two realms it's best we keep him in the loop" Hongjoong was back in his advisor mode.