Chapter 15

~two weeks later~

It was night in the human realm. Everyone in the palace was asleep except for a few guards that were doing nightly rounds. Wooyoung was one of them, the male walking around the palace grounds to make sure nothing was out of place. Hwasa was standing outside the palace as a crow landed in her hand. She stroked the birds head as it spoke to her. A devilish grin spread across her face, "perfect" she chuckled as she turned to the female beside her. "Everything is as we expected, his majesty is asleep and that guard is patrolling the area as always. You know what to do don't you Solar?" she asked the dragon. Solar nodded her red eyes sparking with excitement, "burn this bitch to the ground" she giggled. Hwasa giggled as well, "I'll deal with the king and guard" she pulled her hood up over her head as she shifted into human form. Solar nodded turning to the men behind her. Their red eyes were the only things visible, "you don't need to worry" she held out her hand a ball of flame forming in her palm. She threw it to the roof, the tile catching on fire. 

Hwasa slipped into the shadows, as Solar gave the order to her men, "let's set the palace on fire" she giggled as she threw another ball of flame to the roof, the men jumping inside the palace walls. It didn't take long for Solar and her men to set the palace on fire causing the perfect distraction. Hwasa's smile widened when the fire bell was rung. She watched from the shadows as royal guards ran around shouting orders. When Wooyoung heard the fire bell ringing he immediately made his way towards Yunho's quarters. "Get the fire under control" he shouted to a group of guards that were running around confused. "Seeun you and Yujun head to the stables and get two horses and bring them to the south gate, we need to get his majesty to safety" he ordered two of the guards. They nodded and ran in the direction of the stables. 

Wooyoung kept his hand on the hilt of his sword as he ran towards Yunho's quarters. He had to take a few detours due to pieces of the palace falling apart from the fire. "YOU'RE MAJESTY WE NEED TO GO!!" He shouted as he pulled the doors open running into Yunho's room. Yeosang was already there watching as Yunho grabbed his sword. "What's going on out there?" He asked running over to Wooyoung. "The palace is under attack, someone set it on fire, I need to get you out of here" he said grabbing Yunho's hand pulling him out the room. Yeosang followed behind them, "who would attack us like this?" He asked as he followed them towards the entrance. Wooyoung and Yunho made it out safely but before Yeosang could leave the pillars holding up the roof collapsed. Wood and fire fell in front of Yeosang trapping him inside. 

"YEO!!" Yunho shouted pulling his hand out of Wooyoung's running towards him. Wooyoung turned around his eyes widening as he saw Yeosang's panic expression. "No! No! No! We need to get him out!" Yunho shouted as he tried to find a way inside but the flames were growing. Yeosang covered his mouth the smoke from the fire, making his eyes water. "You need to leave your majesty" he coughed out shielding his face when another piece of the roof collapsed causing the fire to shoot towards him. Yunho shook his head coughing as the smoke swirled around him, "I'm not leaving you Yeo" he shouted tears brimming in his eyes. Wooyoung was trying to find an opening as well, the male was moving pieces of wood that weren't on fire but they were too heavy. "I can't get him out!" He shouted. He looked to Yeosang desperation, laced his features. Yeosang looked at him an expression on his face that made Wooyoung's heart sink. 

"You need to get his majesty out of here, his life is more important" he coughed his breathing becoming more ragged. The wood above him creaked as the flames raged on. Yunho shook his head as tears fell down his face, "no! Yeosang I'm not leaving you" he turned to Wooyoung, "find water!" He shouted. Wooyoung looked at Yeosang then to Yunho. Tears stung his eyes but he knew he couldn't cry yet, "I'm sorry Yunho but we need to go" he swallowed. "It is my job to keep you safe" he reached to grab Yunho's hand. Yunho pulled his hand away, "we are not leaving Yeosang here to die that is an order" he shouted. Yeosang coughed more falling to his knees as the smoke burned his lungs and eyes, "it's useless, I can't get out, please your majesty you need to go" he coughed more, "it was an honor to serve you" he smiled weakly as tears streamed down his face.