Chapter 18

Night had fallen and everyone was gathered at the south gate with their horses. "It should take us a few hours to reach Yongguk's fortress, remember the plan. Yongguk is expecting us, so remain vigilant" Seonghwa spoke to his army. Everyone nodded a determined look in their eyes. They were ready to die for Seonghwa if needed. Mingi was standing next to Seonghwa, his body buzzing with excitement. It has been a while since he had a real fight and he was ready to kill those who hurt his friends. "Let's depart" Seonghwa shouted, mounting his horse. Every else followed him and once the gates were open, they were off. Mingi and Jongho flanked Seonghwa's sides. While the rest of the army was behind them. Two hawks flew above them as guides.

************************************************

Back at Yongguk's cave, Yunho watched as he gathered up his forces. He was sitting in a cage made of thick ice. The cage was only big enough for him to sit in, his back resting against one of the bars. He was cold and his body ached. Tears had dried on his face. He pulled his knees closer to his chest. Hwasa walked over to his cage crouching down with a grin on her face, "it looks like your friends are on the way" she giggled, "too bad you're going to watch them die. Should I kill Mingi slowly?" she asked reaching through the bar. Her claws stroked Yunho's cheek. Yunho slapped her hand away, "you're foolish to think you and your husband's will make it out of this alive" he glared at her, "After what you did to Yeosang and Wooyoung, you'll be lucky if Mingi shows you mercy and kills you quickly". Hwasa glared at him, retracting her hand. "We'll see about that, your majesty," she stood, walking away from the cage.

************************************************

After traveling for hours they finally arrived at the outskirts of Yongguk's fortress. The area went from lush green forests teaming with life into a barren land covered in ice and  snow. Only wolves, rabbit, and foxes lived in this part of the forest. "When you said this place was the coldest part of the realm I didn't think you were serious" Mingi huffed, the air coming out in a puff of white. Seonghwa looked up, seeing the three mountains covered in a thick layer of ice. The hawks landed on a tree branch above them, staring at the mountains. Seonghwa turned his attention back to his army. "Remember the plan, our main goal is to rescue his majesty Yunho, I will deal with Yongguk, focus on Hwasa and her minions" he scanned the faces of his men. Everyone nodded, getting off their horses and unsheathing their weapons. 

Jongho turned to his men, giving them one last look over before they departed into the forest. Mingi and Seonghwa were the only ones left. "Let's go rescue his majesty" Seonghwa said as he slipped off his horse. Mingi followed, unsheathing his sword. "I'll see you back at the palace" he leaned forward pecking his lips before slipping into the forest, following after Jongho and his men. Seonghwa took one last look at the mountains before going deeper into the frozen forest. Jongho and his men arrived at the base of the mountain first. As they expected Yongguk's men were waiting for them. Hidden behind the tree line Jongho turned to his men, "prepare the bow and arrows. Once we take out as many as we can, we will finish them off in close combat." He explained taking out his bow and arrows. 

"I will take four of your men and sneak past their defenses and deal with the people inside" Mingi said gathering up four men. Three were matured fire dragons while one was an ice dragon. Jongho and his men placed the arrows in their bows. The ones that had control over their powers, blew fire onto the tips of their arrows igniting them. Everyone pulled the string of the bows back readying them for fire. "Wait" Jongho instructed as he held his arrow into position. "Fire!" He shouted releasing his string his arrow flying and landing in the chest of one of Yongguk's men. On his order arrows started flying, a few hitting their target. Jongho could hear orders being shouted on the other end. Mingi used the chance to sneak past the men. Luckily thanks to Hongjoong sending spies earlier to get a better look at the terrain he knew that there was a tunnel at the base of the mountain that lead into the main chamber where Yunho will most likely be. The clashing of swords echoed through the air as Jongho and his men fought with Yongguk's. Once they got to the opening, Mingi led his men inside. Everyone had their swords in their hands, their eyes and ears open for any sign of an attack.