Chapter 13

"What have you come up with" Seonghwa asked Hongjoong as the male entered the library. After his discovery of Hwasa spy, Seonghwa has asked Hongjoong to scour the rest of the palace for any more birds that might be spies. Hongjoong looked at the book Seonghwa was reading, it was a book on dragons specifically each dragons strength and weakness. He was on the chapter about ice dragons a sheet of paper and ink next to him filled with notes. "I asked some of the finches and robins that like to stay inside in the palace and they told me that there have been an increase in crows ever since Mingi came here" he explained. Seonghwa looked at Hongjoong, "did you find them?" "No, apparently after you killed that one crow the other crows flew away, my guess is that Hwasa feared the rest of her crowd being killed and told them to retreat" the earth dragon explained.

"I'm not entirely convinced Yongguk and hwasa gave up, for all we know she could send in other animals to spy on us" Seonghwa rubbed his chin as he thought, "gather as many birds as you can and have them patrol the skies, let them be your eyes and ears, those two are planning something and the last thing I need is to not be prepared for an ambush on the palace" Seonghwa explained as be gave Hongjoong his order. The royal advisor nodded, "as you wish your highness". Seonghwa could tell Hongjoong wanted to say something else, "spit it out". "Considering that things with Yongguk will ultimately end up in a fight, you are at a disadvantage since you haven't matured. As you know ice dragons are brutal and their power is almost unmatched. You need to complete the bond with Mingi that way the playing field is more equal" Hongjoong was hoping Seonghwa didn't protest his suggestion since it seemed the crowned prince and Mingi had grown closer. Much closer after what San had shared with him about Mingi's own desire to complete the bond. 

"I know and I want to complete it" Seonghwa admitted his mind going back to yesterday and the intimate moment he and Mingi shared. If it wasn't for that crow he could have fucked Mingi then and there. "One more thing, Mingi was wondering if Wooyoung could come to the palace" Hongjoong asked. Seonghwa went back to his book, "that's fine, I'm sure the human has been worried about him" with that Hongjoong bowed and left Seonghwa to finish his reading. 

************************************

"It's about time you invite me here" Wooyoung said as he exited out of the portal. He pulled Mingi into a tight hug, "I'm so glad you're okay, you have no idea how worried I was" "I know I'm sorry it took so long to see you, I has healing but I'm okay now " Mingi hugged him back. Once the two pulled away from the hug Wooyoung looked around, "this place is beautiful" he complimented. Mingi smiled, "I'll give you a quick tour then we can eat lunch, maybe even spar like old times" he playfully nudged the shorter male. Wooyoung nudged back, "I hope you didn't get soft on me being here" he teased. 

Mingi scoffed rolling his eyes, "as if, you know I could never let you beat me" he smiled playfully as he began walking away from the portal. Wooyoung followed the smile on his face growing. Mingi showed Wooyoung around the palace taking his friend to his favorite spots like the koi pond. Occasionally Mingi had to regain Wooyoung's focus, the male flirting with various servants that passed by. "Must you flirt with everyone?" Mingi sighed as the two sat underneath the gazebo in the eternal garden. Wooyoung shrugged, "I'm just seeing if anyone here is my mate and if not what's wrong with having a few sexual exploits". Mingi just rolled his eyes, "maybe I should have gone to the human realm inside" he teased. Wooyoung just stuck his tongue out at his friend. 

San and Yeji arrived each holding a tray of food. Wooyoung watched as the tray was sat in front of him. "You get to eat like this every day, is his highness looking for a new member of the royal guard?" He asked as Yeji removed the covers from each plate of food. Mingi chuckled, "you'd have to ask Jongho and I doubt you'd make it, I've heard his training is much .Orr strict. He's even made some of the guards cough up blood". Wooyoung's eyes widened, "let's not ever have to go to war against the dragons" his comment had both males laughing. "Please enjoy your meal" San and Yeji bowed before leaving the gazebo. Wooyoung stared at the food figuring out which one he should eat first. Mingi picked up his spoon scooping up some of the porridge. He hummed happily when the flavor hit his tongue. 

"Where is his highness anyways?" Wooyoung asked before eating some blackened fish. "He's been in the library since this morning. I think what happened yesterday has set him on edge so he's been coming up with strategies in case Yongguk attacks" he explained before eating some more porridge. "What happened yesterday" Wooyoung furrowed his brows. "We were in this cave bathing together and a crow that I've seem around showed up, apparently it was a spy sent there by the woman that attacked me" he explained. Wooyoung perked up at this, "you two bathed together? Is that all you did?" his smile grew when he saw the blush forming Mingi's cheeks. "Oh? Now you have to tell me" he ate some more of the fish, his anticipation growing. Mingi blushed more as his mind flooded with images from yesterday, "we may have done something other than bathe" he started off. 

"Did you two complete the bond? How was it? Was his highness big?" Wooyoung asked more interested in the conversation than his meal. Mingi shook his head, "we didn't get that far, the crow interrupted us but we did get intimate in another way" his face felt hot now. "Damn that crow for cockblocking" Wooyoung pouted he was hoping to finally get the tea he wanted. Mingi rolled his eyes, "I'm not nearly as interested in your sex life as you are in mine" "it's because I'm not mated to a dragon prince" Wooyoung countered. Mingi took a sip of his peach juice, "at the rate you're going, you'll know before me what it's like to fuck a dragon" "are you two ever going to complete the bond?" He asked eating some more fish. Mingi chewed on his bottom lip in thought, "I want us to, I don't think waiting anymore is a good idea especially since yongguk have an advantage over us because we haven't completed the bond. I want to give myself to Seonghwa in every way but I don't know how to tell him that" he admitted. After yesterday Mingi no longer doubted that Seonghwa loved him and was attracted to him.

"Just tell him exactly that, I'm sure his highness wants to complete the bond too, the two of you just need to communicate that. Tonight when you're together in his room tell him how you feel about him" Wooyoung explained. Mingi listened to his friends words, "it seems like hanging out with Yunho has made you an excellent speaker" he chuckled, "how is his majesty I invited him as well but Yeosang said he was busy" Mingi was a bit sad as that. He wanted both his friends to be here with him. "He's good, still heart broken over you but he's not moping around anymore, he's taken up the hobby of painting and I'm now his pheasant hunting buddy" "that's good, I'm glad to hear he's doing okay hopefully I can visit him in the human realm soon" Mingi smiled softly. "Shall we finish our meal and go train?" Wooyoung asked as he ate some more food. Mingi nodded, "let's see if you deserve to have taken my title of captain" he smirked as he ate his food. The rest of the day Mingi and Wooyoung trained just like old times. 

After a few hours Jongho joined them and the three clashed swords, shared playfully remarks, and worked their bodies to the point of exhaustion. They trained until night fell and till their bodies were covered in sweat and sore all over. Not wanting to send Wooyoung home so late Mingi had his friend stay the night. The two eating dinner together and sharing Mingi's sleep quarters despite Wooyoung's protest the male wanting him to spend the night with Seonghwa instead. However, due to the training Mingi was too exhausted to do anything else but sleep and Seonghwa was having a late night meeting with the court official in charge of the ministry of war. Hopefully tomorrow the two could have some time together and complete the bond. Until then Mingi cuddled next to Wooyoung the two falling asleep.