M A R R I A G E

I sat on my bed with only my nightgown on and dripping sweat, my arms locked around my legs while my knees were pulled to my chest and my chin hovered above my arms

      I sat on my bed with only my nightgown on and dripping sweat, my arms locked around my legs while my knees were pulled to my chest and my chin hovered above my arms. I've been up all night, the sun was finally rising from the sky, and yet the sky still looked dull. I kept thinking about everything, the man I was starting to care for broke my heart. I will never trust anyone again, and he made sure of that.

A silent rolled down my cheek, the back of my hand quickly wiped it away and swallowed down my pain. All I wanted was to help him get his humanity back and give him a reason to actually live and now, I'm losing everything that makes me, me and I hate it. I had hope for my family, I had hoped they'd love me and instead, my biological father practically sold me.

My bedroom door opened, and he walked in with a tray of food in both his hands. I hoped he would trip but of course, he didn't and instead placed the tray down on my nightstand. He avoided eye contact but I didn't, I stared at him waiting for some type of explanation.

"Zuri said you didn't eat last night." He said, his hands falling back inside his pockets.

"Get out." My voice sounded too calm and contained.

Of course, he didn't listen and instead walked closer standing beside my bed and his eyes finally managed to meet mine. I wanted to hit him, pull his hair, I even wanted to shoot him and that gun tucked in his belt never looked so tempting.

"I'm not leaving, we need to talk about things."

Talk about things? There's nothing to say, he betrayed me in every single way possible. I stood up on my knees to be only inches away from him, my chest was heaving up and down with anger. Without even realizing it my hands started slamming against his chest, hitting and punching every single inch of him hoping it'd give me some sort of relief knowing it was hurting him but it gave me nothing which only made me angrier.

"I hate you!" I shouted, pure hatred was laced between my words.

His hands tried locking around my wrist so my knees started buckling at him, hot tears started pouring down my cheeks and my fist started aiming for his face. His hand tightened around my wrist possibly bruising them, he was struggling to hold me still. He suddenly pushed me against my bed, his body hovered above mine and my legs tried to push him off of me but he was too strong.

"Stop it." He hissed, my body didn't stop wiggling underneath him trying to get set free.

"I despise you with every single bone in my body." I cried, angrily.

My hand repeatedly slapped him across the cheek over and over again, his skin was turning red with my handprint.

"I am trying to protect you!" He shouted while finally managing to pin my arms above my head, my leg thrust one last time before my whole body came to a halt. "If I didn't take your hand in marriage, your father would've killed you."