P A S S P O R T

I stayed inside my room the entire day, there was physically no need to eat or drink anything

I stayed inside my room the entire day, there was physically no need to eat or drink anything. I felt sick to my stomach with grief, not normal grief but grief in hope and hoping my family was an actual safe haven for me. They weren't that, and now I'm engaged to a person who's so mentally and physically unstable that he might just snap one day and murder me not to mention the betrayal of my sister, being engaged to my future husband after my disappearance only three days after.

There was a knock on the door before Arden walked inside dressed in a pair of very baggy jeans that hung low around his hips and a hard rock baby tee that allowed his v-line to show. His brother and him so alike it is crazy yet so different at the same time, they definitely have different personalities and styles. Arden's style is more fun and has a golden retriever energy while Alistair has a dark, strict style that screams Doberman.

"Perfect, you're already dressed." Arden said, his eyes roaming down my body.

Dressed is an understatement, my jeans weren't ironed and were filled with wrinkles, and my pink crop top shirt was equally as wrinkly.

"I'm sorry?" I asked, clearly confused about why that matters.

"You need to get out of this house." He said, turning around and grabbing my shoes from the closet. "Put them on."

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked, glaring at my shoes while swallowing down this deep fear of maybe being murdered by him, maybe he's here to do his brother's dirty work.

"Just put your shoes on." He demanded, something didn't feel right like visibly he was upset about something. "I need to get out of this house and talk to someone, everyone around me works for my brother except you."

"You're the only person I can truly talk to and in some fucked up way, I know I can trust you."

I listened to every word he said, and his voice trembled with anger. I slipped my shoes and avoided his eyes, they looked too much like Alistair's, and I was afraid it might spook me. This is something, I'm leaving this house for only a few hours but with my soon-to-be brother-in-law, I couldn't help but think of this as an advantage. I followed him out to his car and got in without my fuzz, I trusted he wouldn't kill me.

I thought I'd learned my lesson with trusting people, but something about Arden made him so trustworthy, that I couldn't pinpoint it.

It took a few long minutes to get to our destination, of course, I had no idea where we exactly were going but pieces started to connect once we parked in front of a burnt-down building that looked abandoned. He turned off the car engine and rolled down our windows, the cool air brushed against my cheek.

Okay, this would be the perfect spot to murder me.

"My biological father died in that building." He said, so causally like this was normal. "I like to drive here sometimes to think, to get away from the real world."