Ch.6 "You've Got To Be Kidding Me"

I sat on the bathroom floor near the toilet.

I've just finished throwing up in the toilet and Lloyd handed me tissues.

I wiped my mouth and slowly got up and went to wash it. Lloyd stayed with me, carrying my phone, which now has a broken screen after I dropped it hard onto the floor, and holding a tissue box, handing me tissues whenever I needed.

I dried my mouth and leaned against the wall, speechless.

I didn't know what to do.

Francis is back. I didn't read whatever he wrote but he was back. He's alive. And those weren't happy news.

Have you ever wished someone missing could just end up found dead? I mean, it's a bad thing to wish for but I think I have the right to since he's the reason I'm seeing a doctor and taking medication and having an existential crisis regularly.

"Do you need any pillow mints?" he got some out of his pockets. I didn't even know he carried candy.

"Yeah, thanks." I took some and put them in my mouth after throwing the wrappers away.

He must have read the notification. He spoke again, "It will be okay. I won't let him get away this time."

I nodded. I didn't know what else to do.

He put the box of tissues back in its place. "If you want to cry, you can. Letting it out could help."

I did indeed look like I was about to cry. I knew for sure because of the mirror. I looked like a mess.

"Why...why is he back?" I said. "Why couldn't he just disappear?"

Lloyd stood there doing nothing. Poor guy, he didn't know what to do.

I continued, "If only I could go back in time and stab him in the eye."

An older woman came into the bathroom. She stopped walking and stared at us, took a look at me and asked, "Oh dear, what's the matter? Why are you crying?"

"Nothing..." I wiped away my tears. "It's nothing."

I turned to look at Lloyd and took my phone from him. "Let's go. We don't want to miss the rest of the wedding now, don't we?"

He took my hand and we walked out. He squeezed my hand in the wedding hall and whispered, "Don't worry. I'll make him pay as soon as I find him."

~~~

If only Lloyd was here.

A new student joined us today at our lecture.

Francis Wreigh.

I couldn't bear to look at him and yet I still stared. I remembered the Wattpad notification I read yesterday. Francis wrote in his story why he hasn't updated in three years.

"Hello. I know you're all surprised to hear from me. I'm sorry it's not an update to this story.

I actually have been in an accident and lost my memories three years ago. Everything was difficult and life got in the way. I tried to adjust to this life I didn't even remember and continued my education (it was hell to be honest).

However, I'll try to read the old notes I found about this story and hopefully I'll complete it once I get everything back on track.

Love you all.

Thanks for reading until the end."

My first reaction when I read that was 'You've got to be kidding me. Two people got amnesia in my life? What are the odds?'

So yeah...that was it. That was the update.

He sat in front of me. In the middle of the lecture, he turned around and asked me what the date is.

"It's October 3rd."

I didn't say anything else to him.

He said a simple 'thanks' and returned his attention to the lecture.

I couldn't focus on the lecture at all. All I did was keep staring at the back of his head, wondering if I would be able to stab him if I carried a knife.

But I didn't do anything. In fact, I didn't take notes or anything either. Something at the back of my head told me to not care, that it wasn't important, and that I should focus on Francis because something feels wrong.

Amnesiac Francis was talking with some other students while we gathered our stuff at the end of the lecture.

I instantly went to the cafeteria. Thinking about food was inevitable.

I sat alone and put my stuff on the chair next to me and pulled out my laptop to place it on the table.

I started working on some homework then went to get some food and continued studying.

I avoided making eye contact with Francis whenever I saw him.

~Lloyd's POV~

"How the heck did that happen?" Kai asked while we were sword-fighting.

"I don't know. He must have been hiding somewhere. But who would hide him? Ninjago is safe from villains now so who would help him?"

I dodged Kai's attack. He said, "Has he shown himself in person yet?"

"No, and if he wants to keep his head on his body, he'd better stay hidden."

The door opened. Jay exclaimed, "Y/n is here!"

"Who wants smoothies?" the light of my life said as she walked in, carrying a bunch of smoothies.

We all went to get our smoothies.

As she handed me mine, she asked, "How's your day been?"

"Good, you?"

"Awful." I raised an eyebrow. She added, "I'll tell you later."

"Okay..."

Nya sat down on the ground and leaned her back against the wall while drinking her smoothie. Y/n went to sit next to her.

Kai was also drinking his smoothie. Y/n's arrival gave us a good break, and to be honest, we really needed it.

I couldn't help but think about why Y/n's day was awful. What happened? Did Francis show himself?

I walked to the table near Nya and Y/n and picked up a water bottle.

"What were you guys practicing?" Y/n asked.

I replied after opening the bottle, "Sword-fighting. Just some warm-ups."

Out of the blue, all of the sudden, and insert all other synonyms for 'suddenly' (I'm a ninja, not a writer. Words aren't my best friends), Y/n asked, "Can I train with you guys today?"