Ch.12 "Magic Tea"

I knocked on the door. Nobody opened it.

I waited and waited then I facepalmed.

The college day hasn't ended yet. And Amy is still in class.

I sighed. What about her parents?

Oh wait, her mom is at work (the therapist) and her father also has work today, I think.

What is today, anyway?

I checked my phone. It's October fifth, a Tuesday.

"Hi."

I jumped and almost kicked her in the face. Then I saw it was Amy and I sighed again.

"Why did you scare me?" I asked.

"Why did you get scared?" she asked.

I let the subject go and asked her, "What are you even doing here? Don't you have classes?"

"I finished them."

"What?"

"Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about."

"But...oh wait, I forgot." I remembered that I take an extra class which starts right now, she didn't sign up for it.

"Can we talk?" I asked while she unlocked the door.

"Sure, come in."

~~~

We sat on the couch watching TV. Amy brought us ice-cream, and the nostalgia hit really deep.

I didn't know how to start speaking to her. We were nothing but strangers to her, but to me, she meant the whole world.

I thought and thought about speaking, that is until she decided to break the silence, "I'm sorry."

I looked at her, a little taken aback. "For what?"

"For acting this way around you, as if you were a stranger."

Oh...

"I'm sorry too, it's already hard for you but I keep thinking about how you forgot me. I'm really sorry," I said. "I mean it."

"Okay, thanks..."

We didn't speak for what seemed like half an hour then I decided to leave her alone and go to check on my hostage.

~Time Skip, brought to you by Y/n learning KPOP dances with Nya and Jay~

I found Francis untied and chatting with Master Wu in his room while drinking tea.

"Master Wu? What the hell is happening?"

Francis rolled his eyes at me as if I was the crazy one.

"Oh, welcome back, Y/n," Master Wu said. "Care to join us?"

I stomped over to him. "Why is he-" I pointed at Francis, "-untied?"

"Oh, your old master wanted to chat, that's all."

I glared at Francis. "Shut your damn mouth. You don't get to speak unless I let you!"

"Y/n," Master Wu started, "Sit down. I'll explain everything."

I sat next to Master Wu and crossed my arms, visibly annoyed, waiting for an explanation.

He whispered to me so that Francis wouldn't hear us, "I have some magical tea that makes the drinker tell the truth. I wanted to see if he's lying."

Oooooh. That explains everything.

Damn, how are you so smart, Master Wu?

Wait, how did he even get such a thing in the first place?