Ch.19 "I've Caught You"

~Y/n's POV~

I run through the halls holding the princess's hand so she won't run off.

Of course, I didn't tell her that.

I stopped and looked around, letting go of her hand, trying to figure out where the rest of the people ran off to.

The princess looking around as well then at me in helpless fear.

"Didn't expect my first day at work to be this busy," I joked.

She didn't react.

I hate her already, at least pretend that it was funny...Even though our lives were in literal danger a moment ago.

I asked, "Where did everyone go? Do you know a good safe spot?"

"Uh...yeah, there's a safe room at the north wing of the palace." She started walking in one direction (not the band). "Come on, the attacker might follow us."

I was fully aware of the possibility that she might kidnap me and tie me up in a dungeon, but I embraced the possible danger and followed her while keeping an eye on any place an enemy could strike me from.

I was trying my best to be careful, so don't judge me.

~Time Skip, brought to you by Lloyd sneakily eating candy while training~

~Lloyd's POV~

The attackers retreated just a few moments after Y/n left with the princess. I left Amy with Kai and told him to get her home immediately. Nya and Jay went on to follow the attackers to find more information.

As soon as we made sure that there was no more danger, I sprinted off to look for Y/n and the princess. I had to make sure she didn't hurt the love of my life who's been very reckless lately but I love her anyway.

The others called after me, I yelled back that I was going to find Y/n and ran through the hallways looking for any sight of her and the princess.

People were coming out of where they've been hiding, well, ones who didn't immediately leave the palace. I doubt anyone had the time to leave the actual palace, everything went so fast and it was done before we could comprehend what happened.

I asked around if anyone has seen the princess or my girlfriend. A couple pointed me in a direction they thought they went in.

I thanked the couple and rushed to find them.

The fact that everybody is coming out of hiding except Y/n and the princess was very concerning.

Maybe they just didn't get the news that the danger is gone?

Maybe they've hid far away and that's why I couldn't see them.

Damn it, anxiety was getting the best of me. These uncertain possibilities I kept feeding my mind were no use.

That's when I caught the princess leading Y/n into a trapdoor on the ground.

"Y/n!" I called and rushed over to them.

"Lloyd!" She gave me a hug and I hugged her tighter.

"You're okay," I said, then caught the princess's eye. "-Both of you."

"You too, I was worried about you," S/n said.

Yeah, I still use the nickname S/n, so what?

The princess closed the trapdoor and walked over to us. "Is the danger gone?"

"Yeah, it is," I said then took a glance at the trapdoor. "Where does that lead to?"

"A safe room. It was built for such emergencies." She fixed her hair which now had some loose strands out of the traditional bun.

Yeah right, then why isn't anybody coming out of there? Aren't they supposed to lead people to safe rooms? Or at least the royal family has to rush there. So where are they?

Hold up Lloyd, this is a palace, there could be many safe rooms.

I decided to ask, "Is anybody in there?" I walked over to the trapdoor and reached out my hand to the handle trying to sneak a peek into what's inside, but the princess interrupted.

"No, empty. It was locked when we got here."

I wasn't facing her, and I could feel a smile forming on my face.

I've caught you, your highness, I've caught you.

Safe rooms aren't locked from the outside.