Ch.20 "What Do We Do Now?"

~Y/n's POV~

After everything was back to normal after that attack, the royal family thanked me and the ninjas for protecting everyone, especially their 'precious daughter'.

"Young lady, you have proved yourself worthy of being our daughter's protector. You didn't let us down," the empress told me.

The other ninjas gave me smiles, clearly proud of me.

Lloyd too. And speaking of him, he pulled me aside after we were dismissed to go to our rooms in the palace, apparently and obviously, I had to stay in the palace now that I was the princess's personal bodyguard.

But on the bright side, I got to keep the sword they gave me. Anxiety is the only thing allowed to torment me at night, not attackers nor villains.

"What is it?" I asked Lloyd. The other ninjas stopped walking in front of us and turned their attention to us.

Lloyd told them, "We'll catch up with you later."

They left us.

Lloyd said after making sure no one was around us, "You were right, the princess is planning something."

"See? I'm trustworthy after all."

"Y/n, it's not the time to throw shade at me for not believing you."

"Fine, so why did you believe me now?"

He told me how she acted suspicious after he found us near that safe room entrance.

"She's hiding something in there. It's not a safe room, it's something else. Safe rooms like that aren't supposed to be locked from the outside, their locks are from the inside so attackers wouldn't get in. This one had a lock on the outside. There's a chance she was trying to trap you in."

"Oh shit, I suspected it but still, hearing you say that makes things feel legit right now."

"I know, I have to warn the others too." Lloyd added, "Let me walk you to your new room, I want to make sure no one follows you."

"Okay." I wrapped my arm around his and we walked to the room I was going to stay in.

~Time Skip, brought to you by Jane tattooing Brandon on their honeymoon~

"Oh wow," I said upon opening the door to my new room. "Are you sure this room is mine?"

The servant who led us here answered, "Yes, ma'am."

"Nice." I walked in, looking around.

Lloyd asked the servant girl, "Could you give us some privacy?"

She closed the door and left.

I was admiring the décor when Lloyd spoke, "So what else do you know?"

"Hmm?" I turned to face him.

He walked over to the bed and sat down. "About the princess's plan."

"Oh, yeah." I sat down next to him and told him everything that I knew about her plan to use him to bring back Garmadon from prison.

When I was done, he leaned forward and covered his face with his hands and sighed. "Why can't I have a normal life without worrying about my dad?"

"Because life sucks and it's unfair for people like us?"

He kept his face covered with his hands as his elbows rested on his knees. "If only I've been born a plant."

I couldn't keep myself from laughing.

"What?" he sat back up and looked at me with a smile as if he was going to laugh too. "I'm serious. What was that plant Nya said that looks dead but it's alive? I'm just as dead inside."