Ch.7 "I Might've Killed My Boyfriend"

We all looked at Y/n as soon as she said that.

"You...want to train? With us? Now?" I asked. Since when was she even interested in things like this?

"Yeah." She looked like she didn't know why we were all surprised. "I just want to see if I'm okay at self-defense. That's all."

Oh, okay...understandable.

"All right. I'll spar with you after the break."

A smile covered her face, and it was the cutest thing ever.

She started chatting with Nya after that.

~Y/n's POV~

"Oh yeah, what about your brother and Jane? How are they?" Nya asked.

"They're already on their way to the airport for their honeymoon."

I'll miss them.

Damn, why do I feel so out of breath? What's wrong?

Oh wait, I forgot to return Jane's earrings to her. My earrings at the wedding were borrowed from Jane. Damn it...I forgot to give them back.

Meh, it doesn't matter. I'll give them to her when they return.

Why am I remembering this now anyway?

I returned my mind to the conversation I was having with Nya and Jay while continuing to drink my smoothie. My hands were slightly shaking but I didn't know why. I almost spilled my drink so I slowly put it down on a nearby table.

Jay mentioned a comic he read and Lloyd joined the conversation as soon as he heard its name.

"But that's next month! I can't wait that long," Lloyd complained about the release date of the next comic volume.

Master Wu walked in. "What are you talking about?" He saw me. "Oh, hello Y/n. How are you?"

They all gave him a look.

I stuck my tongue out at them.

I can't seem to help that I'm Master Wu's favorite.

"What?" he asked, confused. "If you all want me to say hello then say it first, or did the cat get your tongues?"

Lloyd sighed.

I almost laughed.

Master Wu left to the other room.

Lloyd looked at me. "Come on. Let's test your skills."

I stood and we walked to the empty space in middle of the mech garage. I was breathing harder but I tried to hide it. It was probably a false alarm or something.

The others got ready to watch. "Kill it, Y/n!" Zane yelled. The others gave him a confused look. "Did I use it incorrectly?" he innocently asked.

"Focus here, S/n," Lloyd grabbed my attention.

Okay...prepare yourself, Y/n. This is a skilled ninja in front of you. It might not be easy to defeat him.

I took a deep breath and hoped for the best.

~~~

I might've killed my boyfriend.

All I could remember was that he charged at me and I dodged, then directed a big hit to his chest.

I might have killed him with that, because he lied on the ground motionless.

"Lloyd, can you hear me?" Kai asked, sitting next to him on the ground trying to wake him up.