Ch.10 "Francis"

At college, I sat in the cafeteria with my laptop and researched some stuff for my next class when someone took a seat on the chair in front of me.

I looked up from my screen and gasped when I saw Francis.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I scare you?" he seemed genuinely worried, that little actor.

I didn't believe at all that he had amnesia. There was no way in hell he had amnesia and re-entered our lives as soon as Amy did too.

He was wearing a striped black and white sweater and black jeans. His hair was decent, not too messy nor too combed.

I didn't respond and just ignored him, trying to focus on my laptop screen.

I took a sip of my coffee/tea (Whatever you like, not iced though) and continued researching.

He took out a notebook and a pen and started writing something.

My coffee/tea was almost too cold.

He put his earphones in his ears and continued writing.

For some reason, I couldn't focus on my research. Despite the research being about something interesting, the book we were assigned to read and analyze, I found my eyes following Francis and his hand writing with the pen. As I looked closer, he was writing stuff about our assignment.

Too bad I couldn't finish the book on time because I was busy having a depressive episode yesterday after I said goodbye to Lloyd.

That reminds me, what is Lloyd doing right now?

I hope he's not in danger like last time.

~

Lloyd was caught in the middle of a silly food fight at lunch time.

The ninjas, despite being the heroes of Ninjago city and its legendary saviors, were in no way mature enough to miss the chance to have a food fight.

Lloyd just sighed and threw another bowl of pasta at his friends.

~

Hang in there Lloyd, if you were in danger of course.

Francis let out a big sigh. I couldn't help but look at him to see what's wrong.

"Hey...umm.." he started, "Did you bring the book we're supposed to work on? I forgot mine at home."

Oh.

"Yeah, let me check." I looked in my bag, hoping to see the book. I found it and handed it to Francis.

He looked at it and turned it to the page he needed then started laughing.

"What?" I asked.

"Your annotations are funny."

I was confused, then a smile came to my face.

I wanted so much to believe that this guy isn't the same sadistic monster I keep having nightmares about. I wanted so much to believe his amnesia is true.

"What's the orange tab for?" he asked.

"It's for times I just thought 'what the hell is happening?'."

He chuckled and went back to work on his notebook, glancing now and then between the book and his writing.

Looking at him pained me so much. His face, the same face who looked down at me and told me my brother has been tortured. His hand, now writing an essay, the same hand that grabbed a dagger and carved the skin off my left arm with the blade.

God, please.

Let his amnesia be real. I don't want more trouble.

Even if his amnesia was real, I would never be his friend. I would still avoid him like the plague, but I'd be relaxed knowing he doesn't have his old murderous tendencies anymore.

Not that amnesia would delete the villain out of him. I didn't know if that was even possible. But the Francis sitting in front of me looked like a normal boy. A peaceful guy doing an essay for his Creative Writing class.

He kept writing and I kept researching. I held my breath waiting for any catastrophe to strike, waiting for him to turn back to being a devil.

But he didn't.

I let out my breath in a big sigh.

That seemed to get his attention. He asked, "Is something wrong?"

"No," I replied quickly.

"If you're having a hard time with the same project, I can help."

Who are you and what have you done to Sadistic Francis Wreigh?

"No, it's fine. I can do it by myself."

"No seriously, I'd love to help." He said, "I don't think I've introduced myself before, I'm Francis, and you?"

I looked at him, wondering how I'd get myself out of this situation.

"Why are you looking at me as if I insulted you?" he asked, innocently.

I sighed. "Fine, I need help."

He smiled.

I said, "I'm Y/n."

"Well, nice to meet you."

He got up and walked to the chair beside me.

When he sat down near me, he accidentally slightly bumped into my left arm. It was a very light bump, that kind that wouldn't hurt at all but my injured arm was too sensitive even for that.

He looked scared. "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

My heart almost stopped.