Ch.15 "Ball Preparation"

Of course, I had to NOT listen to Lloyd.

Call me stubborn, because I am.

I wanted to help so badly. The case was all I thought about, even in class. I couldn't stop thinking about the princess ruining the peace that graced Ninjago for three years now.

I kept training with Francis and took the test on Monday. It was surprisingly easy.

They said I had to attend the ball because they'll announce the results there.

So I had another problem. I didn't own an appropriate dress for a ball.

I walked through the garden of my college and thought about where I could find a ball gown.

Then I remembered that there's a student who's starting her business for dresses. She was a fashion design student, and she made the type of dresses I needed.

Second problem, I didn't know how much a dress from her would cost. And no, I can't get one for free because that's bad for business and I had no right to get her to give me anything for free. I didn't even know the girl, I only knew her name and what she looked like.

The ball is tonight, I had to find a solution quickly. And I had to go to the salon with Amy to get my hair done and for her to get a haircut.

I went to the fashion design part of the college. I walked into one of the classes, the professor wasn't there yet. I looked around until I found the girl.

"Hey Camille!" I called. She turned around and faced me with a curious smile.

She had short purple hair with bangs, and wore a purple jacket over a black top with jeans. I liked her style, but I never told her that since she didn't even know me.

"Yes, can I help you?"

"You're starting your own fashion page, right?" She nodded. "Is there any way I could buy a dress from you?"

"Yeah, sure. Follow me," she said and walked out. I followed her to one of the rooms.

When we got inside, it was like a seamstress's work office. Clothes were everywhere, but still quite organized.

"These are my newest designs," she said and pointed at one corner where a couple of dresses were hanging. "I was watching a TV report about the ninja when I got the inspiration to make a dress for each. You're dating the green ninja, right?"

"Yeah, I am."

"This would look great then." She took a green dress by the hanger and showed it to me. the dress was indeed a ball gown, and the shade of green was amazing, but it had one problem...it had no sleeves.

"Hey um...is it okay if you added sleeves? I don't want to show my arms."

"Sure, when do you need it by?"

"Tonight."

She gave me a look. "You're taking chances by shopping late, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I know." I saw a dress with sleeves. "Can you add sleeves like that one? Just anything simple."

She followed my gaze and nodded.

"So how much?"

"Oh, pay me when you pick it up."

"Okay, but how much?"

"Let's see, my prices start at a hundred dollars...this one is two-hundred-fifty dollars."

Ouch, my savings.

"Okay." I couldn't argue with the price, if you've seen the dress, you'd know it's reasonable price.

Thank god I solved the dress problem, now to my other problems.

~Time Skip, brought to you by Kai posting selfies on Instagram~

Amy and I were sitting at the salon getting our hair done. Amy was getting a haircut, and I was getting a complex hairstyle for the ball.

"I got invited to a party," Amy said while the stylist was getting her hair ready to be cut. "I would've invited you if you weren't already going somewhere tonight."

I haven't told her yet that I'm going to an actual royal ball, I didn't want her to be involved in any of the drama that will definitely follow.

"Who invited you?" I asked.

"A new friend."

"Is everyone treating you well in college? If you need any help kicking someone's butt, I'll do it for you."

She giggled and said, "Yeah, I'll keep that in mind."

I didn't like the silent air between us. I didn't like the distance her amnesia put between us at all.

The stylist started blow-drying my hair. The noise from the machine annoyed me.

We kept chatting and the two hairstylists joined in on the conversations. I wasn't the type to act all friendly and chatty with strangers but I felt good after having a good chat at the hair salon.

The ball was tonight, and I hoped I wouldn't drop my shoe at the gate.