IX: A Day With Izuku

Third POV

Saturday couldn't have come faster.

When the idea was presented the boys about a parent swap, things went oddly silent between them.

They were given the oppurtunity to decline, but honestly, if it made their parents happy they'd agree to it.

Hiro liked Katsuki. He thought he was a cool individual and could see why Riku was always admiring and rambling on about his Sire.

Riku liked Izuku. What with they'd experienced, he could help but want to feel greedy and discard the 'mother' he already had in favor for Hiro's, the dam that was always so kind and never seemed to have a mean bone within him.

Speaking of the latter...

• • •

At the moment, Riku and Izuku sat at a café.

The boy's choice, surprisingly.

Ashido was there, as even though it was supposed to just be the former two, Riku was still the heir and anything could happen.

They sat on the outside, with different fruity flavored drinks and pastries in front of them and a to-go box for Hiro and Katsuki for later that very evening.

"So..." Riku trailed off, garnering Izuku's attention, "It feels a bit weird to be sitting alone with you, not sick or anything, yknow."

Izuku shrugged, "I hope it's not too awkward."

"We could do anything else if you'd like."

Riku shook his head, "I'm trying to be considerate of what you'd like, of course."

Izuku let out a laugh, "How thoughtful, it's no wonder why you and Hiro say you're twins; you two tend to do the same things."

Riku looked down to the glazed donut in front of him, "We aren't twins though, seeing as how one of us doesn't have a crazy dam who tries to get another parent fired."

He then looked to Izuku with sincere eyes, fidgeting with his straw, "I apologize for her actions."

"I've been waiting on how to approach it, but it just never seemed like the right time to do so."

Izuku placed a hand to his chest and smiled, "Now that's really sweet of you."

"I promise I'm not mad at her or you, I was just upset because I don't want to see you and Hiro separated. It hurts to see Hiro upset."

Riku nodded in agreement, "I'm not one for entertaining others, but for Hiro I'll do it."

He then narrowed his eyes, looking up when he felt Izuku pat his hair and a light blush dusted on his freckled covered cheeks.

"It also hurts to see you upset." He pushed, looking elsewhere for a moment as his tone became low, "Riku, I need you to understand something,"

"I like your dad, and I'm grateful to not just him, but you as well for helping Hiro and I, which is why I want to do everything I can to repay the favor."