nightmares - 💃🏼

i woke up, gasping for air as I clutched my chest and took in great shuddering breaths.

five sat up sleepily, grabbing my arms softly as he shook me gently. "y/n, whats wrong?" he asked, his voice thick with worry. i couldn't speak, my brain still playing my nightmare over and over again.

"oh," i gasped, now suddenly tearing up as i remembered the nightmare. "it was just a dream," i soothed myself, and now my face was overflowing with tears. five became more alert and concerned now that he saw my tears, and he pulled me into a hig. "y/n, its okay, im here. it was only a dream," he rocked me a bit too fast for comfort, but at least i could focus on him and not my dream.

"im okay... im okay.." i whispered to myself, clutching onto five as he shushed me gently. "what was it about? tell me, y/n, maybe that will help," he said urgently, looking down at me.

"i-its hard to explain," i choked, squeezing him for dear life, afraid he would disappear in front of my eyes again. "it was just a dream, its alright. im alright, five," i slowly unwound myself from his arms, getting up slowly and wiping my tears away.

"wait, y/n," he scrambled out of bed, following me hurriedly as i walked hastily to the kitchen, banging open the cabinet doors and trying my hardest to find the alcohol. i finally found a bottle of straight vodka, and uncapped the bottle, chugging the liquid hurriedly. it burnt my throat immensely, but i felt a little better.

"y/n, put the vodka down," five said sternly, walking over to me and trying to grab the bottle. i walked out of his reach, finally finishing up the alcohol, and i threw the bottle to the floor, possibly waking up our siblings. i rummanged through the cabinets, trying to find more as five tried to stop me, him already concerncec enough as it was.

"y/n, enough," he said firmly, grabbing my hands and pulling me away. "no, no, i need to forget..." i muttered, sleepiness and the alcohol kicking in. i whipped my head towards the kitchen entrance, seeing klaus standing there, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "whats wrong with eightie?" he asked five, and i glared at him.

"nothings wrong, except for the fact that five wont let me drink!" i exclaimed, ripping myself out of his grip. i turned away, turning invisible and i heard five sigh out angrily. "y/n if you don't stop, im going to make you," he threatened, his voice firm. i grabbed another bottle, making it invisible with myself and chugging it down again, throwing the bottle away and smashing it like the other.

my power flickered in and out, and five spotted me, grabbing me and helping me up the stairs to our room.

"'m sorry, five..." i muttered, falling down on the bed tiredly.

i didn't hear his response, just felt his arms creep around my waist, facing me towards the bathroom door in case i had to make a run for the restroom to vomit. i slowly faded into sleep, the only thing keeping me aware that i was awake was five's humming and slow rocking.