memories ━ 💃

Five was reminiscing memories and feelings he's ever had for you. 

You were long gone, but the past was the past and to him, no matter how much it hurt, he wouldn't cry. He shed his last tear for you more than a year ago, and he wouldn't shed one more just because it was the anniversary of your death. 

Before you had killed yourself, you left him a bundle of presents for him, so that in time when he was feeling lonely, he need only to open one from the many bundles and watch as happy feelings came back. He never opened them, and they collected dust over the years. 

But today was different. Today, he was finally going to forgive himself.

And in a way, the only thing he could think of that could make him forgive himself was put himself in pain by watching every single memory you had of him and yourself. So if he felt pain, he would forgive himself and if he didn't. . . he would continue to mourn. 

Carefully, Five walked over to his closet, opening it slowly and deliberately stalling. He sighed, knowing that you were somehow watching above him. He looked up to the ceiling with a small smile on his face before he looked back down. 

Being extra cognisant, he lifted the basket filled with tiny trinkets. He sat down on the floor, his knees tucked underneath him as he sifted through the contents of the basket. He skimmed through them, not really paying attention before he saw a camera. 

Curious, he picked it up and while trying to figure out how to use it, he was blinded by a bright flash and a light layer of dust sprinkled in his face. He sputtered before he wiped it away with a disgusted scowl. 

Finally figuring out how to operate the camera, he looked through the many pictures and videos that you had sneaked in of him and you. There was one when he was making his famous peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich, and some random pictures of him doing unintentionally funny things. There were some videos of you showing off your muscles before flipping the camera to Five, where he was snoring, slumped over on the table. 

Moving the camera back to yourself, you showed a concerned expression before bursting out into laughter, which woke him up. He growled, and lunged for you as you let out a shriek of laughter, cutting off the video. 

Five found himself marveling over you as silent tears tricked down is face and his heart ached longingly for you. Going through the rest, Five saw that most of the videos and pictures were now of him smiling and smirking. 

He laughed breathlessly as he found one of you slumped over a table, drunk as a skunk, one picture that Klaus had taken of you during Luther and Sloane's wedding. 

He shakily wiped his tears away, before he moved onto the next gift. 

A huge mason jar was filled with little pieces of paper, with a little letter attached to the yarn that held the cap on. He took it off, and opened the little fold of paper, reading over the messy cursive writing of yours. 

Read one slip of paper every time you miss me. I love you, Five. 

To the moon, stars and Saturn. 

He took one piece of paper in the jar and read it over carefully, his silent tears coming back against his will. He choked on a sob as he clutched the paper to his chest. 

I look forward to a lifetime of loving you, all mine, my love.

He slumped onto the ground, crying his heart out for his lost, long love.

Its always a big tragic, isn't it? The love stories with no real ending.