it wasn't your fault... - 💃🏼

The boy looked around, seeing nothing but ruins in his wake.

"Rebecca?!" the boy yelled, starting to cry desperately. "Klaus!? Dad!!"

He got no response in return, and he whipped around, looking desperately for his family. He ran for a few moments, until hitting something solid.

A body.

He removed the rubble and found the body of Rebecca, her eyes crinkled up as she breathed her last breathe, and laughed her last laugh.

Five bolted up, shaking and crying as he hugged himself.

The girl next to him sat up as well, immediately bringing him into a hug.

"Its okay, Five," she whispered, rocking him back and forth gently as she tried soothing him. "Its alright, you're okay... It was just a dream, darling."

Five cried into her arms, clutching onto her, scared that she would disappear before his eyes. His breaths were slowly becoming steadier, and Rebecca ran her fingers through his hair as his head rested on her chest.

"I'm here for you, Five, darling." Rebecca said, shushing him gently. "Don't worry, I'm not leaving."

Five calmed down, letting out a shuddering breath as he pulled back, Rebecca wiping away the stray tears that still ran down his face. He smiled tearfully at her, kissing her lips gently.

He pulled her down, laying down on her slightly and deepening the kiss. He ran his hand down her body, causing her to whimper softly before she put her hands onto his chest and pushing him back gently.

Her eyes were widened when she pulled back, causing Five to frown.

"Five, I-I don't think we should do anything right now, okay...?" she whispered, making sure he knew that it wasn't because she didn't want to but that he needed to rest.

He laid his head down on her chest, breathing in slowly.

"Y/N, did you ever hate me?" Five asked suddenly, glancing up at her insecurely. "Like when I told you what I had... what I had to do to get back here and save you guys?"

"Five," she whispered, her heart aching. "I could never hate you. You were just a child...."

"It wasn't your fault."