9

It was the last weekend of the drag races for the month. Next month was full of drifting weekends, which was also held at a different location.

Jack won the finals this time tonight. You always adored his race cars. Especially the Daytona. You thought he had the best paint jobs.

You had your money on Agust D again tonight, but his loss caused you to lose money. You didn't mind all that much. You lived in a penthouse in the upper city because of your inheritance.

You walked to the back behind the track. Again, you found Agust D, JK, Jack, and V with their cars and chatting with their racing helmets still on. Fearlessly, you approached them.

"Well fought, Agust D! Better luck next time, right?" You called out to Agust D as you came closer.

Four heads turned your direction. Agust D glanced at the others, then back at you. His helmet-covered head drooped for a second, then he quickly walked over to you, taking off his helmet.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned immediately.

"I came to tell you you made me lose my bet." You answered him sarcastically.

"Oh, boohoo. A little hellspawn lost its money." He mocked with savage sarcasm.

You sassily raised a brow at him.

"We need to talk." Agust D told you with all seriousness in his black eyes.

"Okay. Say it." You got cocky from his attitude.

"No. It's too exposed here. It's not safe for the guys and me. We'll have to take you elsewhere so we can chat properly."

Agust D placed a hand on your back and roughly guided you back to the other three street racers.

"Let's get moving." Said Agust D to Jack, V, and JK.

"If I'm going to be riding with someone again, I want to go with Jack." You boldly spoke your mind, eyeing Jack.

Jack pointed at himself and tilted his head silently.

"Yes you." You confirmed to Jack.

V and JK headed off to their drag cars to get inside and prepare to leave. Agust D put his helmet back over his head, then sat inside his Mustang and started the engine. Jack gently took your wrist in his gloved hand and walked you over to his old school race car. You understood when he let you go that you were actually going to ride with him in his 1969 Dodge Daytona as requested.

Because you grew up watching Cars, and Jack's car was the same model as The King Strip Weathers from the movie, you just HAD to ride it

You moved around the front of the car to the other side, opened the red door, and got inside. Like in Agust D's Mustang, the seats were designed for racing. Jack sat behind the wheel and turned the key in the ignition, activating the engine.

"Will you ever talk?" You asked in curiosity

Jack rolled his head to you and shook it.

"Or take off the helmet?"

Again, he shook his head.

I thought so. You thought to yourself in your mind in disappointment.

V's rat rod moved, then JK's Corvette, and then Agust D's Mustang maneuvered around the Daytona from behind and drove behind JK. Jack switched gears and softly pressed the gas, following behind Agust D out of the racetrack stadium, staying on his tail down the city roads.

Jack pressed a knob and turned on the radio. "MOMMAE" by Park Jae and Ugly Duck played quietly.

"You have the best paint designs." You said openly.

Taking a hand off the wheel, Jack showed you a finger heart to show that he appreciated the compliment.

"I can never get bored looking at 'Blaze' or 'Inferno.' They just look so cool. I always get excited to see them again on the track."

He gave you another finger heart.

At least he was responding to you in some way. Even if he wasn't verbal, you already felt that he had a warmer personality than Agust D. He actually took a compliment kindly. You were liking him already.

You weren't sure what else to say, so you stayed quiet while you listened to the low music.

"CHEERS" by SEVENTEEN played next.

"Have you been racing for Underground for as long as Agust D has?" You asked another curious question.

Jack gave you a thumbs up to confirm that you were correct. His answer made you wonder about JK and V.

It was quiet again.

"MONEY" by LISA cued after "CHEERS."

Near the end of the song, Jack pulled up on the warehouse you were brought to last weekend. You watched as four two-car garage doors opened. V parked behind the third one, JK rolled up through the second one, Agust D entered the fourth one on the end, and lastly Jack pulled into the first one.

(A/N: There are 5 two-car garage doors in the warehouse. The one on the far left is their little workshop and then the rest of the four doors to the right of that are for the guys.

From left to right in order, it goes: workshop, Jack, JK, V, Agust D.)

Jack changed the gears to park and shut off the engine, taking out the keys.