13

You've been friends with the guys for a year, and with Jungkook for two years now. You were both supposed to graduate this year with master's in auto engineering. You were on your last semester.

You became especially close with Jimin and Taehyung, including Jungkook, but he was your best friend for a while already. Yoongi used to be pretty onto you because you were rich, but he grew to warm up to you eventually. Now he even had a soft spot for you.

Throughout the year of you knowing him, Hoseok had let his hair fade out from the blond and pink and into its natural dark chocolate color. Meanwhile, Yoongi had Jin cut his hair, but it grew out again back down to the tops of his shoulders. Jungkook had been keeping the length of his hair controlled, having it just a little bit shorter than Yoongi's, and everybody else sorta stayed the same.

While four of them were street racers making money off of other people's bets (Yoongi/Agust D, Jungkook/JK, Hoseok/Jack, Taehyung/V), all seven worked at ARMY Mechanics.

Namjoon was the manager of the auto repair business and handled all the accounting and business.

Jin was the automotive designer, modeling, sketching, and planning blueprints for the other mechanics to follow. Sometimes not everything goes as "planned."

Yoongi was the car detailer, using all of his fancy little tricks to modify any vehicle into something better. Faster, stronger, flaming exhausts, LEDs, extra lights (like Jeep Wranglers could have), any modification was possible with Yoongi's skills. Of course, he wasn't JUST a modifier.

Hoseok was the automotive technician and main mechanic (even though they were all mechanics), dealing with the wires of the radio, the connections of gas and brake pedals, the headlight and backlight functions, and everything else.

Jimin was the engineer, knowing the ins and outs of any car and motorcycle engine or motor better than anyone.

Taehyung was the body maker, reversing any dents, designing custom car hoods or grills, and manufacturing pieces of the car's body and frame.

Jungkook was the auto paint technician, the artist behind all the paintjobs and designs and covering up chipped paint with a fresh new layer.

Everybody had an important part to play at the shop, and all of them were incredibly knowledgeable.

You got into a car accident downtown, one side of the front of your car totaled. Some lunatic was speeding down the streets and smashed into you while you were turning onto the road they came from. The police came, had you write down your side of the story, and blah blah blah.

 The police came, had you write down your side of the story, and blah blah blah

At the end of it all, you called Namjoon.

"I need a tow." You said flatly through the phone.

"Why? Lose a tire?" Asked Namjoon on the other side of the line.

"Just come down here to 7th and Broadway and tow me back to the shop."

"Alright, then. I'm on my way."

You hung up the phone and threw your feet up on the dashboard, sitting back with your arms folded and a pissed look to your face as you waited for Namjoon to come and pick you up.

About five minutes later, a pine green 2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys that had no roof, missing its doors, and exposing its backside with a two-wheeled tow dolly rolling behind it came to the rescue.

You saw Namjoon's face through his windshield express worry, fear, and shock all at the same time. After putting the Jeep on park, Namjoon jumped out of the car and rushed to you. He opened your door and his hands securely took your leg and arm with care.

"What happened?! Are you okay?! Are you hurt?!" Namjoon was freaking out.

"I'm perfectly fine. I'm not broken." You sighed. You just wanted to go and leave the scene. "Just roll me out of here. Please..."

"You want to hop in the Jeep with me?" He offered softly.

"No. I'll stay right here." You began to pout.

Namjoon gave you a supportive look before he shut your door and climbed back into his Jeep, pulling it around to the front of your car. He came back out to prepare the tow dolly for you. You turned on your car and carefully rolled your front wheels onto it with his guidance. After you shut off your engine again, Namjoon attached your car to it so you wouldn't fall off, then jumped back into his Jeep and drove you away as you sat there, watching his car from inside your own.

Namjoon towed you up into the ARMY Mechanics parking lot. He came out and released your front wheels, then you activated your car once more, backed off of the tow dolly, and rolled up in the repair garage. The other boys had surprised and shocked looks molding their faces.

When you exited the vehicle, they flocked you, wondering if you were alright. You didn't tell them anything, staring down all tensed up and avoiding eye contact or being touched.

Suddenly, you were tugged out of the paparazzi and slammed into a chest as secure arms held you comfortingly. Your eyes were wide.

"It's alright. You're safe now. That's all that matters." Yoongi's soft, low voice reassured you.

That's all you wanted to hear. You wanted to be reassured, not asked if you were hurt. Unlike the others, Yoongi knew what to tell you.

You closed your eyes and rested your head on Yoongi's shoulder, starting to relax in his arms. Yoongi's scent was a strange mix of car oil, dusty engine, and musky wood. The woody scent was what was left of his cologne.

After a few moments had passed, the others watched Yoongi take you away inside to the back of the shop, and once the two of you disappeared, they went straight to work on your car, removing the crunched hood and all the broken parts and pieces.

Yoongi sat you down on a couch in the backrooms while you hid your trembling.

"I've been there." Yoongi said to you softly, relating to you. "It was much worse for me, but I've been there."

You remained silent.

"Don't talk if you're not in the mood. Just get your bearings back."

You scooched closer to him for more comfort.

"You should come to the track tonight." He suggested. "All the guys will be there. I have something new to show."

A tiny smile creeped on your lips. "I'm not sure if I'm the mood..."

"Come on. You'll love it. It beats sulking all day. Jin hyung can even pick you up and take you there in his fancy-ass Impala."

Your smile grew a little bigger. "You have to promise me that."

"I don't do promises."

"Then I'm not going." You claimed stubbornly.

Yoongi sighed. "Okay, fine. You win. But that's the only promise I'm making you. Ever."

Your smile stretched a bit bigger. Your head rested on his shoulder. "That's good enough for me. Thank you, Yoongi."