Chapter 13: Gumho Station

As I opened my eyes again, I was greeted with the grey-white ceiling of the dead Ichthyosaur's stomach.

I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes. Both Dokja-ssi and I had decided to catch up on some more sleep before moving forward, which I was secretly very thankful for. He had given me an item bought from the Dokkaebi shop, the <Ellain Forest's Vital Force>. Apparently, it could quickly recover fatigue and wounds in exchange for two hours of sleep.

Oh, and I also learned that this 'Dokkaebi shop' was like a shop to buy items using coins, very much like the in-game shop of any video game.

Dokja-ssi had also given me another blue-coloured lump of flesh, explaining that I'd use it later. Something about a monkey's lung... ugh. The name gives me chills...

Of course, I couldn't just take such valuable items without a price. Dokja-ssi explained the concept of coins transfer, and I paid the sum of 1000 coins without complaint.

I turned to Dokja-ssi who was still sleeping, face relaxed. I think he took the essence a few minutes after me because he had something to discuss with Bihyung. Anyways, that meant that I have a few extra minutes to myself. What should I do? So bored...

Hey, that's right, Bihyung's still here!

Speaking about the dokkaebi, it was now floating in the air slightly above me. We locked eyes and a brief period of silence passed between us. It had a cute, slightly confused look on its face. It's hard to imagine that just a few hours ago, he had massacred a whole carriage of people.

"Bihyung?" I asked, not sure how to start a conversation.

[Yes?]

"Do you have anything to do?" I asked, glancing at the floating furball.

[I'm busy managing my stream. Shouldn't you be preparing for future scenarios?]

I blinked. Bihyung's right. Just because I'm safe now, doesn't mean I'll always I will have time like this to rest. I need to use my time wisely and prepare!

As I thought these thoughts, I took off my backpack and unzipped it, taking out a notebook and pen.

I'm assuming since we'll be swimming out, it won't do any good if I draw any armour now. It'll only weigh us down.

So I'll start by drawing a proper strap for my spear... Once again, my hands flew across the page, and a leather strap appeared on the page. If only I had these skills since I was born... I could probably ace all of my art assignments that way.

[The stigma: [Realistic Sketcher], is activated!]

The same sparks of lightning appeared, and the familiar system messages appeared.

[Item: <Piece of Paper> has been destroyed.]

[Item: <Leather strap> (Duplicate)> obtained.]

It wasn't anything fancy this time, but it was strong enough to secure the weapon on my back without worries.

I finished tying the strap onto the spear before securing it across my back, just like I had seen in those historical movies. Who knew watching movies would come in handy at a time like this? Once I adjusted the strap so it would be comfortable, I sat down once again.

Only five minutes passed before I heard Dokja-ssi mutter something.

"Dokja-ssi? It's time to go." I gently shook him, but he didn't open his eyes. Instead, a light frown began to show on his otherwise expressionless face, and a bead of sweat rolled from his forehead to the floor.

Eh? Was he having a nightmare? I shook him again, this time with more force. Finally, he opened his eyes.

"What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" I asked as I helped him to his feet.