Chapter 3: Fire Aunt

Did I ever mention we have discords, me an mu1622 ? 

Aoki POV

I am sitting on Rimuru's lap again, but this time, Rimuru has moved onto one of the couches in the office, and has turned one of the walls into a shiny black surface, called a screen.

After doing some magic on the screen, it started playing images that I could tell weren't real because they were just magic illusions, none of the things displayed were actually happening.

Rimuru called it a "movie," but I think it would be more accurate to call it "fake" based on what Rimuru had taught me about speaking the last few days.

"Star Wars is the best option, I think. If you really want a movie that is mature enough for her smarts and also family friendly." Masayuki, or as he wanted me to call him 'Uncle Uki,' was trying to convince Rimuru of the next 'Movie' we'd watch.

"I just don't know if that is right for Aoki, it still has implied death in it." Rimuru still seemed very reluctant.

"Rimuru, I think your kid has killed someone before. I am not gonna lie, she just gives off that impression." Uki shrugged. "I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Hey! Rude! How could you say something like that? How would you even know my darling has ever hurt anyone!?" Rimuru held me tightly and patted my head.

Uki's eye color changed and he seemed to get a little serious. "Let's just call it 'hero's intuition.'"

Rimuru began to grumble loudly, and then huffed. "Maybe, maybe. You could maybe be right, but she probably doesn't see it that way." After that he picked me up and set me up on his shoulders. "But that doesn't mean they need it to be explicit in the stuff they watch."

Uki chuckles. "Well, they should be fine with it either way. Do they even understand death yet?"

"I tried explaining it last week... but they didn't really get it." For a moment it seemed like Rimuru was using Thought Communication on Uki.

The reason I say so is because Uki visibly paled, and looked away for a moment while whistling. "Well... I think that just affirms my point. Surprised that kid is still walking around now, though."

"He'll be fine. I think Aoki has a soft spot for him now." Rimuru patted my head again, but he did need to reach up to do it.

"Whatever you say. I still think Star Wars is the best idea. It is a classic." Uki gave me a thumbs up, before grinning. "Wouldn't you agree, Aoki-chan?"

"I don't know what a star is, but I think the name sounds interesting, because I think I know what a war is. That is when a lot of people kill each other for reasons, right?" I began patting Rimuru's head, hoping for him to be the one to answer the question.

"That isn'- You know. Stars are really cool? They are really big balls of plasma, and they fuse elements in their cores. That's what makes them shine. Those little dots you see in the sky? I'm not sure about the ones in this world, but in most worlds that's how they work at least." Rimuru grabbed my hand so I would stop patting him.

"Can we go see one before we watch the movie, then? I wanna see one really close, so I can analyze it." I also felt the urge to eat it, because it sounded really powerful.

"You look hungry... How about we get snacks? Then I'll put on the movie." Rimuru was getting anxious at my thoughts, somehow. I could tell because we were in contact.

"I win." Uki seemed to smile really bright at Rimuru.

...

"Is that a demon lord?" There was a big dark figure on the 'screen,' and he was levitating the humans around and killing them with a sword made of light.