Chapter 4: Amusement and Dining

WE HAVE DISCORDS! JOIN THEM NOW! mu1622

Velgrynd POV

It was simple enough to get into the park after being seen at the entrance, I was always recognized by Rimuru's subordinates. They knew better than to approach me, but it was a nice change of pace from the empire at times, where no one recognized me unless I gave them vague hints.

Aoki was also recognized, and that made perfect sense considering the child was so closely related with Rimuru. I was unsure of her being a public figure, but it didn't matter, as her exact nature would still be difficult for them to parse without Rimuru explaining it.

I doubt he had, but they could still feel the connection with Rimuru, and that was enough for us both to get in for free. I insisted on paying, but they refused my offer.

I attempted to take Aoki to the child section of the park, however she adamantly refused, specifically saying.

"There is nothing there I fear." She seemed to have latched onto my description of what exactly the feeling of thrill is, as an overcoming of one's own fears. I didn't mind it though, as it gave me hope that she would be a perfect sparring partner in the future, unlike Veldora.

Rimuru would sometimes do it, but he had no sense of thrill, avoiding combat whenever he could. I loved him, but he was no fun a lot of the time. Maybe when he gets a bit older, he will grow a taste for battle.

It was a good thing that at least one of my siblings had a child that wasn't unstable, I didn't need to concern myself with her destroying the world when riled up, like Milim. Otherwise I would have quite liked to spar with little Milim from time to time.

So, the first ride we attempted ended up being one of the larger 'roller coasters.'

Aoki fused herself to her seat by partially melting through her clothes, but it seemed the ride attendant didn't notice. The small slime would have likely been too tiny to ride otherwise, so it was for the best. Not that a fall from a roller coaster would hurt her.

The little one ended up holding my hand tightly when getting to the peak of the roller coasters, and tightly closing her eyes when falling. She certainly needed more flying lessons, a fear of heights just wouldn't do for someone who is the child of a true dragon.

Soon after we went on two more rides, and Aoki was still mildly shaken up, when we encountered a human boy that I vaguely recognized from Aoki's naming ceremony.

He seemed to have a ring which connected him to my ba- little brother. I needed to remember he wasn't a baby anymore, he had a child of his own now.

Regardless, the human was happy to speak with the young slime. "Hello Aoki! Good afternoon, what are you doing here?"

Aoki stared at the boy for several solid moments, and didn't speak in turn. The slime's skills were all reacting to the presence of the human, and she seemed to be attempting yet another analysis on him.

Her skills were starting to get very refined for one of her age.

I could see it too, the fiery jealousy bubbling from within her soul and out into her spirit, all directed at the boy. In particular it was directed at the ring the boy had affixed to his right hand. It seemed deeply fused to his spirit, and even partially fused to his soul.

It even had small connections with his skills. Meanwhile, one more thing I could see was that it was connected with my little brother, in some way. That was the source of the jealousy my ward was generating.

It was impressive, and I enjoyed the little slime's fiery emotion, but unfortunately I couldn't encourage it. I knew Rimuru would not be happy if I did, considering the boy's connection to him.