Chapter 9: Goblinkin

WE HAVE DISCORDS! JOIN THEM NOW!   

________________________________________________________________________________

Aoki's POV

After waking up, I was unfortunately exposed to another conversation between Mother and Shuna. They seemed to be arguing about something.

"You need to understand, Lord Rimuru. While it is okay for the Princess to have no room of her own as an infant, as she is known to be older it may become scandalous. Therefore, you must give her a room of her own." Shuna paused for a moment. "However, a wing of the palace may be better. It could contain everything the young heir needs to grow."

"The palace isn't really for me, it's for all of you to run Tempest in. I don't think I should waste space here with that. I may give Aoki her own room in my house, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable expanding it..." Mother appeared to be conflicted, so I stared at him.

Awakening in my true form meant that my awareness may have gone unnoticed. So I wanted to see if this rang true, if it did not, then I required further information gathering and practice in concealing such things.

Mother proved that he was aware of me by looking directly at me. The gaze was piercing for a moment. "Aoki, don't pretend to be asleep. You should be a part of this conversation."

"I do not see the importance of it." A space of my own in the palace or at Mother's home seemed useless. It would never store as much as Aoki Space, and I would not know what to use it for.

It would serve no function.

Shuna now looked directly at me as well. "I know you may be thinking you do not need a room, but it is important to have a private space to yourself, aside from your spatial skills." She sighed softly. "It is a place where you can do things that would otherwise draw attention without having to worry about trifles."

I stayed silent, but entered my human form for Mother. I could not think of any scenario where I would need a room of my own.

"It would still be necessary to keep up appearances, or to interact with other royal children." I didn't understand what Shuna meant by that, but if it was a place other children were supposed to go, I assumed Mother would not want it in his house.

"Then we can just build a private estate, I guess... Didn't really want anything that fancy. Just doesn't feel right." It seemed the discussion wasn't for me to worry about any more when Mother said that.

"That can be arranged, but the Princess still needs a private quarter for the time being. So, with your permission, I will set aside space in the executive palace." Shuna appeared to have her aura flare up.

"Ey! Don-... Alright. I'll give you permission." I didn't understand why it effectively intimidated Mother though.

"Thank you."

...

This is how I ended up sitting on a couch alone, without Mother. Instead, Shuna was outside of my new room. I still didn't think I needed it.

I decided to consider how I could use the space, and the only thing that came to mind was to use it to perform magic. However, the problem with this idea was that it was connected to a number of things I couldn't destroy.

As I was thinking about this, there was a knock on the door. Shuna entered. "Princess, if you are to receive guests here, as these are your quarters;" She meant the surrounding three rooms, "then you should decorate it according to your personal standards. You need to present your intent to your guests with the decor, and your tastes."