Chapter 5: Stupid Human

WE HAVE DISCORDS! JOIN THEM NOW! mu1622 

________________________________________________________________________________

Iruma's POV

"You're really stupid." Hinata told me bluntly.

"Sorry, Miss Hinata..." I let my shoulders fall as I nearly fell from the exhaustion of dodging quite a few attacks.

"No!" Hinata chopped me on the head faster than I could dodge, "That is exactly what I mean. You won't attack anyone directly, or treat them like a real opponent. Look at you, you're exhausted. You've wasted an hour doing nothing." She still seemed frustrated at the way I looked at fights, as something purely to be avoided.

"But! If I can last this long! Maybe I can find another way to resolve it!" I was still determined in my ideals, to a certain degree though. I didn't want to let my ambitions be taken away.

"That is a flawed strategy," Aoki coldly interjected from the sidelines. "You should try what Miss Hinata is trying to teach you."

"Hey, you shouldn't say that. You haven't exactly been fighting with any principles yourself. You have the exact opposite problem." Hinata corrected.

Aoki stared at Hinata blankly, "I've been doing just as you instructed."

"There are a lot of things I thought were common sense when I instructed you the way I did, I suppose I was just wrong. Rimuru has taught you none since he has none himself. It makes sense, but it is problematic."

Hinata looked tired and annoyed, which made me feel a little bad. I knew I wasn't making this easy for her alongside Aoki.

"Wait, what do you mean? Rimuru has a lot of common sense, he keeps me alive every day." Aoki responded curtly.

"That alone proves you don't have any either."

"How? I'm correct."

"That's my point." Hinata sighed, "But we should move on before we're out of time."

"What should we try next, Miss Hinata?" I asked. I still thought she was a really good teacher, even if she was scary, so I didn't mind.

"I'm gonna go outside for a bit, and when I'm back, we'll continue training." After that, she left the room. Leaving me alone with Aoki. I assumed she was frustrated and needed some time to think.

Aoki was even staring at me, looking just a bit annoyed. I wasn't sure how I could tell though since their face is completely blank of emotion.

"Uh? Aoki? Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing is wrong." Aoki paused. "Why aren't you taking this fight seriously though? Do you want to embarrass me that badly?"

"Uh... What do you mean? I wasn't trying to embarrass you at all!"

What could've I done to make Aoki think that?

"Mmmm. You're the same as Hinata. You don't understand my words." Aoki said as they folded their little arms.

"Can you try explaining it differently, then? I want to understand."

"No."

"Um..." I hesitated a little, "Why not?"

"You understanding me isn't important." Aoki paused. "Did you understand Hinata?"

"Not really."

"Mmmm. Well, she did say you didn't understand. I guess you really didn't. I just don't understand what is wrong with following the objective given."