Chapter 10: Subordinates?

WE HAVE DISCORDS! JOIN THEM, NOW! 

________________________________________________________________________________

Adalman's POV

I had a sudden notion to visit Lord Veldora, it had been some time since I'd discussed any of our joint efforts. I was certain he'd be happy to receive me as well.

Upon entering his floor of the Labyrinth, I was surprised to find him absent. However, there was a peculiar magic circuit there on the ground. It appeared to be one devised by him, and it was specifically designed to work with Faith and Favor. Although, it was not intended for use in Holy Magic. Instead, it appeared to be to donate magicules.

I considered what it might be for, while reviewing my knowledge of the lore behind the Jura forest. It crossed my mind that perhaps Lord Veldora intended to create a new and powerful majin, however this made little sense in Tempest.

Even with the recent creation of Lord Rimuru's new child.

Instead, I believed that perhaps Lord Veldora intended to resume his duties as the guardian of the forest, at least to an extent. In what way, I was unsure.

As I sat there trying to understand the purpose of the circuit, something did come to mind. It may have perhaps just been something he was making to prove a point. Lord Veldora was very boisterous, even if not as truly divine as Lord Rimuru.

So he had a specific fancy for making and doing things just to prove he could do them. If you posed it as a challenge, you could get him to do almost anything.

This is when Lord Veldora himself finally returned. He seemed not to realize I was there until frantically approaching the magic circuit himself.

"Good Afternoon, Lord Veldora. What appears to be the matter?" I didn't particularly like seeing a frantic face on a True Dragon. It felt unsafe.

The Storm Dragon looked at me, appearing frazzled for a moment, before muttering. "I didn't think you-"

"Today was slow." I did not intend to allow him to embarrass himself.

"Ahaha! See... Very well then." He began to regain his composure, slowly Lord Veldora stood more proudly. "In that case, why are you here?"

"Simply to visit you, Lord Veldora." I was more comfortable talking to him in his boisterous state. "Lady Shuna has been invested in fulfilling prayers for the last several days, I suspect it is to detect leaks regarding the Princess."

"Fulfilling prayers you say?... Interesting. You do that?" The True Dragon appeared wide eyed again.

I had to stay silent for a moment to take in what he said. "Y-yes, Lord Veldora. I respond to prayers. I assist Rimuru in managing Faith and Favor, as using any of his power on it would be in his own words, wasteful."

Veldora's POV

Wasteful huh? That sounds more like Ciel just thinks it's below her to me.

Still, knowing he was good at using the skill gave me hope. "Could you tell me how it is you can have so much power yet give it to even simple humans safely? I can temper it with my skills, and even reduce it further with this circuit, but I still feel it is too much."

Adalman nodded knowingly. "Yes, yes. Just as much as I answer prayers, I also must temper Lord Rimuru's power further as well. Our connection allows me some access, but I still must reduce what I get. Rather than using this Magic Circuit, Lord Veldora, you could instead allow me to manage this prayer you plan to answer?"