Chapter 6: Cold Shoulder

WE HAVE DISCORDS! JOIN THEM NOW! mu1622  

________________________________________________________________________________

Ciel's POV

I sat at darling's desk holding Aoki in my lap, while I knew I wasn't supposed to go that far, I also knew exactly when the little one would wake up. So it didn't particularly matter.

Though I attributed the level of success Aoki had been to their will, as I had picked them specifically for that. So it could be possible for them to disturb the crafted skill.

However, I would consider waking up in my lap a perfect reward for such a feat.

Unfortunately this time would be promptly cut short, something I was also aware of from my constant monitoring of most of the largest magical presences in the world. One of Rimuru's chosen siblings was coming here, and to be specific, the second oldest.

The White Ice Dragon had a tendency to have things always go her way, but interestingly she'd recently lost a bet of some kind to her younger sister. I found it somewhat amusing, and I was wondering how exactly the embodiment of envy would cope with it.

After all, she represents stability itself, or more accurately the ceasing of change. So having one of her longest standing traits, being the best of the three of her siblings, being further questioned would be terrible.

That did mean I needed to deal with her. So I attempted to put on an expression Rimuru would have, and attempted to fake the same kind of spiritual activity Rimuru is generally expressing.

She opened the door, and stared at me for just a moment. Her eyes glowed golden for a fraction of a fraction of a second.

"Hello, Big Sister." I put on a facsimile of Rimuru's voice.

She immediately sighed. "I don't know what the two of you are doing, but what are you doing in such control, Ciel?"

I frowned softly. "I guess I still can't fake it that far."

"Dragon Eye is all-seeing, you should understand that." Velzard walked into the room and sat carefully onto the couch, maintaining her dignity through force.

"I do know that, but it won't stop me from attempting to hide from it." I lifted Aoki carefully from my lap and set them on the desk, knowing this was who Velzard was there for. "Aoki is still asleep, as they recently had a spell applied to them which drained much of their magic power. It shouldn't be long, though."

"I can see that." Velzard sat carefully up. "That human boy is leaving today, right? I noticed that the Little One doesn't seem to like him very much. Do you want me to go out of my way to avoid him?"

"I don't think that will be a problem, thank you for the concern." I shook my head along with my statement, to make it a clear negative. It is simple childhood jealousy, something you'd be well acquainted with, Velzard.

"Alright, but I have a feeling the boy will interrupt the day at some point. He isn't as scared of me or Velgrynd as he should be, but it's to be expected when Rimuru puts on such an innocent front." Velzard chuckled under her breath and leaned back on the couch again. "Are you sure it will be so soon?"

"Certain." I didn't like being questioned myself, especially not by someone who hated it so much themself.

"Hm, guess that's a nerve I'll avoid. I really do need to get to know you better sometime." I'd shared with her part of the process involved in creating Aoki, so I calculated it was most likely to do with her wanting to know more.

I saw a small movement in the magicules of the little slime in front of me, and it was right on the time I'd predicted, as is almost always the case. Aoki began to roll across the desk, until stealing one of the pens into their personal space.