Chapter 13: Spiky Man

JOIN OUR DISCORDS! mu1622

________________________________________________________________________________

Aoki's POV

Today I had to do a few things. I'd experimented more with the Parallel Processing skill to create another tiny mind that could remember these things for me so I did not need to concern myself with it.

They would just keep track of the time, and inform me when the time for a task is reached... I felt like I was forgetting something, since I only had two things to do that day, but I ignored it.

First, I had to attend 'etiquette' lessons with Shuna, from 8 to 10 AM, then I had to go to combat training with Hinata from 10 AM to 1 PM. This extra mind made managing such things much easier, so I would not need to rely on anyone to tell me things again... I'd just need to ask when it would happen.

This little mind was much more efficient than my other parallel mind, so it didn't have any noticeable effect on the rate I lost magicules.

I still wanted to find out how Mother never seemed to lose magicules over time, but I had some idea that it was a secret.

I was awake well in advance, to spend time practicing magic. I was attempting to learn how all the different affinities worked, and if there was a way I could convert between them with my skills.

I took one of each of the stones into Aoki Space for this. Then, I sat on the 'desk' in slime form, to do this 'work.' Mother did this when doing important tasks, so I wanted to figure out if it actually had an effect.

It did not.

As a result, I pulled the desk into my Aoki Space. I concluded that the subject of work needed to be on top of the desk for the effect to work.

I didn't have time to test this since Shuna entered my room while I was focused on my experiment. I would need to fix that. Another extra mind would be able to keep watch for me, but I'd create that later.

"Aoki, where is your desk?"

"I ate it."

"Well, put it back. Desks are not food."

I did as she said and put the desk back in its place. I could just eat it again later when I needed it.

"I did not eat it for food. I know my desk isn't food, Shuna."

"Miss Shuna, Aoki. We talked about this during your last lesson."

"But Shuna is your name."

"You will call me Miss Shuna or I will stop calling you Aoki and just refer to you as Princess."

"My name is Aoki. Call me Aoki!"

It was bad enough that my Goblinkin never just called me by name and I didn't want Shuna to start doing it too.

Shuna stared at me like she wanted something.

"... Miss Shuna."

"Thank you, Aoki. Now come with me, it is time for your lesson." Miss Shuna began quickly walking to another room, and I had to catch up... But I knew this trick. I was not allowed to run while catching up. I'd need to walk.

I went into human form and tried to catch up without running. Shuna didn't stop to correct me, so I must have done it correctly.

When I reached the room Shuna normally used for this, I noticed that there was another person in there, with white hair. Upon attempting analysis, it failed immediately.