CHAPTER 2: SNOW

She sat at the mountains foot as she read one of the many letters that she had received from the demon slayer Corps.

"It has been 8 years already, why won't that sick fool leave me alone" she said as tossed one of the letters she had received that evening. The Corps was useless in her own her opinion, maybe because the agenda of joining had been pushed onto her for far too long. She remembered how tirelessly she trained with her father at her old home. At just seven years she had already surpassed her father's expectations. It got even worse when he found her breathing style was of the Sun. She could his voice going on and on about how important this was for her.

"Unmei, you are not working hard enough. Do you think our ancestor would be proud? Perfect your stance, concentrate on your breathing." the retired Hashira shouted at her when she dropped her wooden stick that she had swung more times than she could remember. By the time she was ten she had mastered her breathing style, she never really had a childhood. She grew to hate anything to do it with and it got even worse after the death of her father.

She got up seizing these thoughts that disturbed her. She sensed something up the mountain and with that she went up into the snowy range.A few days passed after the incident with the boy and she had a strong feeling she would find what she was looking for here.

The snow was cold as she walked on it. She found her way up the mountain when suddenly she heard screams. She narrowed her eyes and from a distance found a small house up the mountain as a blood trail led up to it.
Again it disturbed her peace and she went over there. She walked into the house and heard faint grumps and chewing.

She walked in the direction and there stood a demon with red eyes piercing direction at her. It's black hair waving on the side of its face.

Anger filled every fiber of her being.

"Hello Unmei" He said with a smirk. She quickly drew her sword.

"Muzan Kibutsuji"

Unmei gripped her sword tightly as she held it up high.

"I'm going to end your life tonight" she said as her eyes flashed with anger.

"Oh? How so?" Muzan replied with a smirk.

"I know all of your weaknesses and I'm going to use that to my advantage." she said.

"Oh my, is that so?" He said with an amused tone.

"Tell me what you know and I'll spare your life" he said.

Unimei was silent. Unimei looked at the demon that killed her father, flashbacks of his corpse with a blood trail leading up to his room played in her head as she gripped her sword tighter.

"Tell me why did you kill this family? And why did you kill my father?" she asked determined to find answers.

"I will not answer any of that. But I do have a question of my own. A few years ago I sent Kokushibo and I gave you a proposal. I thought he of all people would be able to convince you given that he is your long lost ancestor .Become a demon and join the Upper ranks. You are powerful and you could even claim the number one spot if you wanted to. Why did you decline when you don't want to be a demon slayer either?" He asked.

"Now why would I join you, Muzan? You killed my father for whatever sick reason you did. Just like how you killed this family. Honestly I am getting sick of everyone wanting me to play along with their little games of war. All I want is peace but before I get that I want your head" she said as she pointed the tip of her sword at him.