CHAPTER 12: SOUR PAST

"You let him take her!" His cold voice echoed around the forest, causing the nearby night creatures to vanish in an attempt to hide away from impending danger. The black-haired girl squinted her eyes in annoyance. She knew that he would blame her, but she never wanted to get involved in his love life whatsoever. Why was she the one to blame?

"You left her when you could have stayed and explained yourself," she rebutted, to which his six eyes glowed an anger and guilt that Unmei could sense. It was dangerous talking to him in this state; anyone normal would have simply backed off.

"That doesn't change the fact that she was in your hands, Unmei." 

"She is not my responsibility. Whatever happens to her falls on your head, not mine," she interrupted him. She was losing her patience with this man.

"That changes nothing!" In a blink of an eye, Unmei found her Katana on his, evading a nearly fatal blow.

"Kokushibo, your anger management is poor. I am beginning to get sick of having to fight. Could you just listen for once?" She yelled at him and pushed him back. Kokushibo looked at her, his shoulders fell, and he turned his back and sheathed his katana back. She felt a slight sting on her right cheek and reached over to wipe the bit of blood that was coming out of the small cut.

"I am going to get Akira back," he said, his voice calm.

"Talk with her. She needs it. I will be on my way now. And, oh, kill Rainbow's eyes for me while you're at it. You owe me that much for creating an awful cut on my cheek." Unmei said as she turned about to head back on her merry way. Kokushibo nodded and went away into the night.

"Well, that went better than expected; I was sure I would lose a limb or two. He does have a bad temper. How do I find myself in these situations? Ugh." 

The birds sang a beautiful tune as the dew of the morning touched her feet. Deep down, she hoped that Kokushibo would find Akira and that she was safe.  She had been nice to her; the least she deserved was death by Douma, of all demons.  She stood by the entrance of the Ubuyashiki mansion and sighed loudly. Akaza wouldn't be able to find her for a while. The thought of him made her heart yearn to see him once more, but as quickly as that ache came, that was how quickly she cast her feelings aside and focused on the task at hand.

"You better have a good reason for wanting me here, Kagaya." 

2 days before.

Her black hair, her red lips, and her emotionless red eyes darted into his soul. The feeling was strange, the feeling of true dedication and adoration towards one being was hard for him to comprehend, it felt nostalgic Nostalgic—that's the word that described exactly how he felt. His yellow orbs reflected as he walked through the forest. Akaza had seen her just the other night, but it felt like a thousand years.

He stopped in his tracks. Something or someone was watching from a distance. He sighed heavily as the scent of thick, luxurious scents intoxicated his nostrils. What could she want from him here? This is the last place he would expect her to be.

"Are you going to keep starring, or are you going to tell me what brought you here? Aren't you supposed to be working?"

The beautiful, youthful demon emerged from behind him; her black hair was styled in a full ponytail with three Kanzashi hairpins. She gave off a seductive smirk as she placed her hands on his shoulders, 

"What's wrong with staring, Akaza? Is it because I'm doing it this time around? Hmm?" She said her lime-green eyes stared into his.

"Daki, just tell me what you want." He said sternly, to which she gave off a scoff and walked right in front of him.

"Akaza, you know we have to talk about what happened-"

"I will not talk to you about anything. You made it clear that you're the most wanted woman in the world, and my absence means nothing, so why the hell are you here?" He said firmly, replaying the scene in his head—something that he had tried to forget for the longest time. Why did he even get involved with her in the first place? 

"Its been far too long since i last saw  you, there is no reason for you to treat me like i'm some cheep harlot. "

"So does sleeping with Douma suddenly increase your value" Akaza said in annoyance. Her face turned sore, she had a mouthful of insults but she held her tongue. Instead she closed her eyes seemingly trying to calm herself down before replying. Her intentions were not to push him away even further.

"I will pretend like you didn't just insult me. The reason why I'm here is because I heard news from a little birdie of mine that you have found yourself, what should I call it? Mmmm... A pet? Since you won't it eat" Akaza tightened his fits, at the mere of Unmei. His thoughts immediately knew who had told her, it was obviously him.

Daki swerved her hips closer to him, his body stiffened trying hard to block the memories that flooded his brain.

"You will not speak of her like that, ever again"

"You cannot replace me Akaza, especially not with... her" she said the last word carefully. She looked up at him but all his eyes reflected back were annoyance and resent.

"I will not entertain whatever plan you have in mind Daki, I will not be fooled. I have other important matters to attend to I will not waste my time with you" He walked past her , she rolled her eyes.

"And if you try anything Daki I will come for you,"  he hissed before leaving her.

Daki felt her heart ache, it seemed that he had truly found someone else. Lord Muzan was right, and after this altercation she had found what he had requested her to look for. Her black hair turned into a white color with lime green tips. Her lips curved into a confident smirk.

"It would be interesting to see the swine that has caught your interest my dear Akaza. You still want me, everybody wants me, you just need a little... Help to remember "  she said to herself.