CHAPTER 3 : BLOOD

4years ago

"Father?"  she called out in a low tone. She followed the blood trail that led up to his room, and saw the blood and destruction that had now covered her home. Her heart beat against her chest, and she could not allow the thought of the blood being her own father's. She followed the trail, her plums sweating as she gripped the hilt of her sword, through the corridor that led up to her father's room. 

The door was open, and there he was lifeless, his body mangled and torn through as if by  merciless animal. He laid there in the pool of his own blood. She walked towards him, dropping her sword in process. She saw his sword on the far end of the room indicating he had tried to fight whatever had attacked him. A demon. Unmei looked into his father's eyes for the last time before closing them standing up , going to the far end of the room and taking his sword. 

"The demon who did this is strong. Not even you, a Hashira could defeat it. I promise you, no matter who it is whether it is the most strongest demon out there I will find it and kill it and then I will never ever hold a sword again." Unmei said as she stared at her. This was her mission to find the demon who did this and kill it and from then on she would have peace, have her own life unrelated to her father's wishes. She left the house and embarked on her journey. 

A few years passed and Unmei had killed any demon that did not tell her what she was looking for. It was a full moon, the air was cool. Suddenly she felt a heavy presence behind her. The girl quickly turned around and there he was. His 6 eyes stared into hers, with Kanji "Upper One"on them. She handle the hilt of her sword firmly as she watched closely. 

"Upper One." she said. The demon walked towards her. 

"So you are the girl that has been killing demons in this area for quite some time." He said with hint sincerity.

"What business do you have here?" she asked annoyed by his sudden appearance. 

"Believe me or not, I  did not come here to fight you human. The demon you are so eager to find for all these years has requested you stop your rampage and instead come meet with him." the demon said.

"Who is it?" she asked. 

The demon pulled his Katana out and instantly she drew her on. 

"Don't test me." she said. 

"Human. You are standing in front of the most powerful demon out there and yet you threaten me. If I were you I would change my tone and show some respect. I don't understand why he would want you to become a demon you are no different than any other demon slayer that has met my sword" the demon spat and this pushed off the edge. 

She quickly swung her sword as him and because of his incomprehensible sped he defends himself. He was shocked, never did he think he would be protecting himself against the little girl that stared at him unfazed by him being an upper moon. She pulled back and he used this opening to slash her but she swerves to side and instead the sword strike cuts a piece of her haid and scraps her cheek making is bleed lightly. 

"No one has ever survived my sword. She matches my speed its almost as if I'm looking into a mirror." He said to  himself shocked at her level of skill. 

"Moon breathing first form: Dark moon evening Palace" he said and quickly moves his sword and slashes swiftly in a singular horizontal motion in a crescent shape, creating numerous chaotic crescent blades. Unmei dances through the blades barely touching her. She had heard of this breathing style as a child her father told her  a story about their ancestor who betrayed the Corps and became  a demon. Could it be him? she questioned herself but now wasn't time for that.

The demon was taken aback by her. She even dodged his breathing style. She was truly unique and it made sense why Muzan wanted her. He knew his business partner had a thing for strong people in particular. Unmei was done playing games with him and she took hold of her sword, 

"Sun breathing third form: Raging Sun" And with that she struck the demon with two powerful horizontal slashes.  The narrowly deflects the attack. He was in shock. A sun breather just like the one person who he tried to forget for all these centuries. 

"Enough!" He said. "I have seen enough.  I'm quite surprised by how strong you are. And even more shocked that you are not a demon slayer." 

Unmei looked at him angrily pissed off by his attack but she was interested in his breathing style. She lowered her sword down before he walked towards her. 

"Muzan Kibutsuji is asking you to become a demon and join him. I can see why now, having a sun breather on his side can make him untouchable." He said. 

"Muzan Kibutsuji, the demon King himself huh?" she muttered as she let the information sink in. "He killed my father, and he expects me to join him no in actual fact work for him and join his little group of weirdos" 

"Weirdos?" the demon raised his eyebrow.

"Yes, and yes including you. Why wouldn't I call you a weirdo when you suddenly attack me and not even introduce yourself." she said and the demon chuckled for the first time in centuries. 

"I'm Kokushibo. And you?" 

"Unmei." she said. 

"Unmei. I see. Now do you accept his proposal?" 

"No. Tell him I am coming for him and I will kill anyone who gets in my way." she said. Kokushibo could sense the girl's determination. 

"Does that include me?"

"If you get my way yes. But i have another reason why i shouldn't kill you."she said matter of fact. This was intriguing for the demon. 

"Which is?"

"You teach me your breathing style" she said and the demon chuckled before walking past her. 

"I assume you are my descendant based on your breathing style. After all these centuries, a sun breather. That's what almost got rid of Muzan himself why would you want to learn my breathing style?" He asked. 

"Because its just as powerful. And if you wanted to betray Muzan you would stand a chance. But I know you won't do that so i would rather let you give me the tools for me to achieve that goal." She answered back. The demon did not respond and walked away and just before he disappeared into the night, he said, 

"We will meet again Unmei Tsugikuni" and with that he disappeared into the night leaving the girl wondering. Guess she was right they were connected.