CHAPTER 10: RED

Unmei gave a gentle pat to the little demon who came out of her box that evening. They had arrived at the Wisteria mansion and she had rested enough to continue on her journey. Apart from the noise Inosuke continued to cause she was at peace. She decide to take her leave, she wasn't a demon slayer after all.

"Lady Unmei can't you stay over here for the evening. You might run into dangerous demons out there, why don't you do when it's safe" the Kamado boy insisted.

"You want to be a demon slayer and yet you worry about going out at night? Tsk.... Don't worry about me, I'll be fine, you however should change your way of thinking" she said.

"I will. Thank you for that. I will see you soon" Tanjiro bowed and smiled. Such a gentle and kind hearted soul she thought to herself.

"But... You can't really go out there..." Zenitsu said his face was completely pale with fear.

She wondered how the yellow haired boy became a demon slayer if he was so scared, but she could sense how much power and potential he had.

"I'll be fine-"

"Lady!!!! When you come back I'll be fully healed and then after that I'll cut you up into pieces ha ha ha ha!!!" Inosuke yelled and chuckled loudly.

"I will see you then" Unmei said and with that she gave a small nod to Tanjiro and left

She went off. Her heart was beating fast hoping that Akaza would be able to come find her. She arrived at the base of the mountain.

Something was wrong and she sensed a very powerful demon. She had felt this surge of power before.

She went towards the direction of the noise and found a girl with lavender colored hair ducking and running as she was bent on being attacked by an unknown adversary. She looked, and found out where the source of her attacks were coming from. Kokushibo.

"Kokushibo" she called out to him but all he saw was red. He charged towards the lavender haired girl in an attempt to slash but his slash did not touch her skin. Unmei's sword had blocked his attack and she stood in the middle of them and looked closely at him. What had gotten into him

The young woman cried as she held her shoulder clearly. She was hurt.

"Kokushibo, I demand to know what is going on here?" Unmei said angrily as she pushed Kokushibo back with all her might.

"Unmei get out of my way, I want to kill her. How dare she?..." he said through gritted teeth.

"Kokushibo, I don't look forward to hurting you. It's either you tell me what's going on or I will have to cut you down" She warned him.

Kokushibo pulled back only for him to unleash his blood demon art.

"Moon breathing first form" Two horizontal slashes came towards them and she quickly pushed the young woman to the ground in order to help her evade the attack. The woman fell and cried out in pain.

She narrowly evaded the attack..

"Fine. Have it your way. Moon breathing third form Loathsome Moon, Chains" Continuous succession of each of her attacks,appear and make the crescent slashes appear to be in a chain, trying to grab Kokushibo but narrowly he narrowly skips and avoids the attack. He was amazed, she had perfected the breathing style already.

"Sun breathing third form raging sun" she launched her attack. Kokushibo narrowly avoided.

The young woman watched on though in pain she was stunned to see someone who could keep up with the Upper moon demon. The breathing style was similar to the one she had seen from that swordsman she had encountered.