CHAPTER 9: MOMENTS

She found herself embraced by his hands, his gaze not breaking away from his. She felt at peace, his words were enough to sooth her troubled heart. What made him so special enough to make her feel this way? A demon, but a demon she saw a future with. She blushed hard after realizing that his lips were on hers just a few milliseconds ago. He gave her a smile and pitched her right cheek.

"I hope to make you this red each night I get to see you" He said and that only made her blush even more.

She buried her face into his chest in attempt to hide her red face, "Akaza you're embarrassing me" she squealed to which the demon chuckled.

"Fine. I'll stop" he says and she looks up at him in a pout. Akaza made her cold heart flutter. Never had she felt this free, this happy. Finding so much joy in a demon.

"I wish we had more time Akaza" she said. "I wish I didn't have my mission, it's sad to think that I might fight you one day" she continues.

"I told you Unmei, I will not fight you. It would be a one sided match I assure you. I don't think I can bring myself to harm you... And yet... I can't fathom betraying Muzan-sama." He sighed and looked at her waiting for her reaction to his words. There was need for him to be honest with her.

Unmei sensed how torn he was. She didn't expect him to be even considering betraying his demon king but he was going through an internal battle with himself because of her. She embraced him,

"You don't have to choose Akaza. I don't want you to betray him because of me." She said. Akaza felt his heart swell with emotions, this human just put her emotions aside for him.

"Unmei, I Will never let you go, I will always be by your side. That's all there is to it" he said as he tightened his grip around her. Unmei felt save, at peace in his arms. This is where she belonged in his arms.

Suddenly she heard a ruckus from the mansion and she squinted her eyes at the direction. She had to go over there which meant departing from his embrace. Akaza looked down at her and sighed as he realized that she had to leave.

"I have to leave." Unmei says with a sad tone in a voice.

"I know." Akaza answered her with the same tone in his voice low, and sad. But he had to let her go. He would see her soon.. The next night, that's what comforted him.

"This isn't goodbye, I will come find you again" he asurred her.

Unmei felt her heart break, she was heading over to Kagaya's mansion and it is undetectable.

"I am heading over somewhere, you won't be able to find me it's undecetable..." She says lowly.

"I will find you as soon as you are within my reach." Akaza answered though his heart broke.

She hugged him again and pulled away. Dawn approached them either way so they had to depart. Akaza gave her a kiss on her forehead and she closed her eyes.

"I'll see you soon" He said and she smiled though her heart ached. She walked away to the mansion her hand on her sword. Akaza watched her walk away gracefully and felt a smile tug on his lips even though he felt sad.

Unmei arrived at the mansion as the sun rose. There was a ruckus. There stood a short man wearing a boar hat aggressively beating a boy who has short, yellow hair of varying lengths, cutting off squarely at the ends where it fades to a darker orange color, that falls in front of his face in uneven bangs into a pulp. The boy was protecting the box that the little demon girl stayed.

Just then Tanjiro came out of the house. Unmei croaked her head to the side,

"So the boy did get stronger." She said to herself. She walked towards the scene.

"You're making quite a ruckus" she said annoyed by the noise.

"Who the hell are you?" The boar headed man said.

Unmei rolled her eyes at the question. This guy really had some guts but that amused her. But it was amusing seeing how he was brimming with such confidence.

"Don't speak to her like that." Tanjiro said crossly at him.

"I'm suprised you survived Kamado. The demon here was quite strong" she commended the boy. The boar headed man fumed with anger as he watched two completely ignore his presence.

"Hey!!! Lady!! Pay attention to the real hero here. I am trying to kill the demon that is in this box but this idiot won't let me" He yelled and hit the yellow haired boy on the head.

"That's enough!" Tanjiro yelled back. He quickly ran towards the man and gave him a headbutt so strong it knocks the wind out of him.

The boar headed is dazed and stunned and drops to the ground.

"I'll get you...i will defeat you all. Especially you lady!" he yells and grunts as he held his head.

He struggled to get up and grabs his swords.

"Here I come" he charged directly at Unmei and the girl side stepped our from the attack and hit the man right at the back of his neck. He fell down as he felt his muscles shut out to the impact of this attack. Tanjiro looked at Unmei shocked by how she easily defeated the aggressive young man who laid on the ground.

He got up slowly, but his mask had fallen to the ground. Unmasked, the young man and was the complete opposite of his character. He has shoulder-length black and blue hair with thick bangs covering his forehead. He also has big green eyes and long, thick eyelashes.

Unmei was taken back by his feminine features.

"What is your name?" She asked curiously.

"My name is Inosuke Hashibira and I'm the greatest demon slayer you will ever see. Mark my words lady once I'm fully healed I am going cut you into pieces" he said loudly and Unmei found him very funny.

"Don't you know how to speak nicely?!" Tanjiro shouted at him.

"Maybe if you train for another 50 years and go through final selections 20 more times you might survive." Unmei scoffed. Inosuke grunted, he was determined to prove her wrong but his body would not allow it.

"It's great seeing you again Lady Unmei. I didn't thank you back then for helping Nezuko and I that day" Tanjiro said in acknowledgement with a low bow.

"No need to thank me. My intentions were not to help you. You were just in my way. But I am glad that you made use of the time I gave you to get stronger." She said her facial expression unreadable. Though Tanjiro thought very highly of Unmei , he couldn't help but feel scared of her. Her cold deminour made it difficult for him to be fully comfortable with her.

"Thank you. I will do my best. I have to. For Nezuko" He replied back with a bow.

She sensed eyes gaze on her. And turned to find the yellow haired boy staring at her.

"I'm Zenitsu" He said. Unmei acknowledged the boy with a small not. Zenitsu looked at her as her hero, who had rescued her from the attack of the mad man who scratched his head.

A crow arrived just then and it yelled out to them to follow it. Unmei squinted her eyes at the bird, Kagaya had made her hate the creatures, if only she had a dart to shoot it out of the sky.

"Lady Unmei, are you coming with us?" Tanjiro asked with shrill of hope. He could learn a few things from her.

Unmei looked at the three, she was hungry and she knew the bird would take them somewhere not for from here to rest. But she wouldn't stay there long. She would just eat and head over to the mansion.

"I'll accompany you but I need to do something" She said. She went down the mountain and broke the news to the old lady. The old lady cried and she comforted her. She then went to find the lot. They followed the bird, but her head was occupied. Worrying about Akaza. Wishing him well, wishing to see him.