CHAPTER 15 : Nostalgia

"Hey Unmei be careful, you're going to get yourself killed." Giyuu yelled at her as she lifted up her sword at three demons. The moon lit up the forestry as she glared at them with confidence.

"Don't be a bitch Mr. Demon slayer." She answered back at the worried it Giyuu.

The three demons looked at each other in confusion.

"This girl,"

"She is a demon slayer"

"He seems like a demon slayer" they said one after the other finishing their lines.

Giyuu stood not far behind her,

"I won't jump in to save you if you get yourself hurt" he huffed. She turned to him,

"I don't need saving" she answered him back

The air of the mountain was dense but her lungs were used to it. Both of them had been hanging out on the mountain for months and it was unusual.

"Demons come at me" she ordered. The three demons looked at each other. They charged at her and in an instant she had severed the head off one of them.

The two demons back away, amazed by how quick and easily she was able to kill one of them. Before they knew it Giyu had cut through them. Unmei angrily at him,

"Giyuu!! Those were mine you idiot" she matched at him. His rolled his eyes as he unsheathed his sword, giving her his indifferent gaze.

"I saved you" he said, though deep down he did intentionally he liked getting her mad.

"Oh shut up. You did this to annoy me huh?" she said with a scoff. Giyuu gave her side smirk.

Before he knew it Unmei had pushed him to the ground. However, she tripped over a rock and fell with him. The two of them held onto each other as they tumbled down the mountain, coming to a halt at the base of the mountain

"Ow. You just had to" Giyuu said disapprovely and rubbed the arching part of his head.

"You started at it, hmph!" she said with huff as she stood and dusted her kimono off."No wonder I hate you demon slayers" she continued. Giyuu laughed for a little. He wanted to tell her something, but he didn't look forward to her reaction. They had been friends for the longest, he had always seen her from time to time and now that he had decided to take on another level I'm his level of in the Corps he knew that it could change their friendship dynamic. Unmei noticed a sudden drop in his facial expression.

"Hey,Mr Demon slayer. What's got you in a sour mood?" she called him out.

"You're not going to like it" he said straightforward and she looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

"I'm going to join the Hashira".

Unmei face turned cold, as she turned away from him.

"You said you wouldn't be a Hashira" she said in a monotone voice..

"I know... I just feel like it's neglecting an obligation given to me the moment I decided to train and become a demon slayer" he answered back.

Unmei took breath in before answering,

"An obligation huh? Very well. I assume you will be busy, unable to see me. No matter, you found me alone, I don't need you around."

Unmei's words cut him like a knife. If only what she had said about him not being occupied with training was not true. His mind wanted to convince her to join the Corps but he knew he wouldn't win, if anything it would get her angry.

"Unmei don't say something like that, I'm not abandoning you. Just understand where I'm coming from" Giyuu said in attempt to make her understand.

"Save it. I have no right to question your decision so don't explain. I will be taking my leave now" she answered him

"Unmei don't."

"Goodbye Giyuu, I wish you good luck." She said and with that she left. Even though she would never admit it, she was hurt. But she knew he would decide to become a Hashira. She just wasn't ready for it to be soo soon.

Present.

Her face turned cold as the memories of that mountain returned to her.

"I'm sorry." Giyuu said snapping her into reality. "For hurting you"

"There is nothing to apologize for. You did nothing wrong Giyuu" she answered back, watching the butterflies sworm around them.

Giyuu looked at her, the butterflies around her made her look angelic. He quickly shook of the daze,

"I'm glad you're here" he admitted.

"I wish I could say the same" she playfully nudged her shoulder into him.

Giyuu smiled, something he hadn't been able to do in a long time. He smile suddenly dropped when he saw an all too familiar presence head towards them. The slender Hashira headed towards them, her purple eyes showing a bit of a suprise sewing Giyu beside Unmei.

"Well, hello there Unmei I didn't expect to find you seated with Tomioka" she said with a smile but her purple irises did not reflect the emotion her face conveyed.

Giyuu went quiet and looked down, Unmei didn't like this lady's persona at all. It was fake, and reminded her of particular person she wanted more than anything to cut down. She looked at her in annoyance...

"Giyuu why would you bother our guest sitting here with you. Why don't you go somewhere else were you could be boring on your own" the Hashira said these mean words in the sweetest of tones.

Giyuu doesn't look up. Unmei wasn't having any of her bullshit.

"Its Shinobu right?" she asked her to confirm her name. "if I were I would watch the way I speak to people, especially people that I'm around with and don't want to kill"

"Oh, Lady Unmei you must have taken my words the wrong way. I merely speaking about Giyu here you however are the most entertaining person" she said sweetly.

"Bullshit. I have feeling you say this often to Giyu. And let me tell you something I'm not buying any of your bullshit. You can sound as sweet and nice as you can but I see right through you. You are a fraud. You remind me of someone actually" she said this as her lips tug into a smirk.