quatre » what i get is an empty heart

Veela were incredibly beautiful human women, with moon-bright skin and white-gold hair. They had the ability to hypnotise and mesmerise most people attracted to women with their dance.

Veela had their own type of magic that didn't require a wand, it was used to add to their natural appeal and attract more people. When they became angry, Verla could transform into something similar to a harpy, with bird-like heads and long scaly wings, they could launch balls of fire from their hands.

Hyunjin was fortunate to never witness his mother ever becoming that angry, he believed that he himself had also never been angry enough to know whether he was also capable of transforming into the beast.

His mother had met his dad, a wizard, while the other had still been at Hogwarts. A seventh year who had almost no prospects when it came to his future, one of the rare wizards who had somehow made it through school and found nothing he was passionate towards.

Then again it would've been hard to be passionate about something when you had three years of schooling where Voldemort was at large. Hyunjin's dad had said that meeting his mother had been bittersweet; sweet because he fell in love immediately, bitter because at some point before school would have ended for summer, she had fallen pregnant with Hyunjin which meant as soon as his dad had left school, he had to find some way to make money.

Coming to the conclusion that being a ministry worker was the most boring job ever didn't take Hyunjin long at all. While the young boy would spend his free time playing quidditch as best he could with Minho, his dad would spend that time working and proceed to come home looking like he was on the verge of disappearing and never returning.

It was thanks to Hyunjin's interest in quidditch that his dad also gained a wide range of knowledge on the game and all of its intricacies. Taking over management of Quality Quidditch Supplies in Diagon Alley was something no one expected, the previous owner had fallen ill suddenly and decided it was time for retirement.

Eight-year-old Hyunjin thought it was the coolest thing ever that if he wanted to, he could spend all day inside of the shop. He and Minho received so many free gifts due to damaged items but also his dad's giving nature.

The blond boy didn't realise it when quidditch became something more than just a pass-time game. He was much too distracted by the stares he received from passing strangers in Diagon Alley and his neighbours back home, much too distracted by the tingling feeling in his chest that had been there since he was born.

Despite the distractions, quidditch was definitely more than just a game to him. He'd spend hours of his day practicing whenever he could, it was his way of proving to himself that no matter if he was half-veela or not, he was still capable of doing what all the other boys could.

Although, at home, he didn't really have anyone to prove himself to. Minho played quidditch with him, Minho knew how good Hyunjin was and never failed to point it out and compliment the younger boy. Changbin and Felix just got him, they understood everything Hyunjin did and why he did it. Felix never hesitated to umpire the matches, Changbin there supporting both sides.

Minho and Hyunjin's quidditch matches were definitely not up to the standards of professional quidditch matches. If anything they were much harder, one on one, having to play chaser as the offensive and keeper as the defensive.

When Minho left for Hogwarts, that was when Hyunjin started to learn more about the seeker position. Having to be as fast as he could, being nimble enough to move between small spaces and make the best plan on how to go about catching the snitch.

But with Minho leaving for Hogwarts, Changbin also left for Hogwarts. That was hard on both Hyunjin and Felix, the new school year was always hard on Felix but with Changbin leaving it was much worse than usual.