sept » even if i stick to you like your shadow, you are so far

Seungmin was well aware that his childhood and family situation were not the most normal. His mum had moved from Korea to England just before she went to Hogwarts, then she went on to become a healer at St Mungo's where she met his maman, a French dragon trainer who'd been on special business. They bonded and things went further, leading to the birth of their son a few years later.

He loved his little family, loved their big, fancy house and his parents love for each other. He loved the way every corner of the house had just enough magic to make it seem so special compared to all of the houses of his muggle friends from the next town over.

Maybe the most exciting thing was the magical creature reserves they had hidden away with a magical shield at the end of the first field behind the house.

Seungmin's parents, both being animagi, had a rare ability to befriend magical creatures, so they took it upon themselves to keep the creatures safe and healthy. His mum's animagus form was a black cat meanwhile his maman's was a rather small bird, similar to a wren. That was what first made Seungmin want to become an animagus as soon as possible, frustrated that he would have to wait until he was at Hogwarts before he could try.

As he got older, the reason changed slightly, less due to the envy of how cool he thought his parents were and leaning more towards how it could help him look after the magical creatures and also how it may increase his knowledge and academic ability.

Growing up with parents who were not born in the country they lived in meant that Seungmin grew up speaking Korean, French and English. His mum being one of the best healers at St Mungo's meant that Seungmin would have had to try very hard to severely lack in magical knowledge. His maman having a wide range of in-depth knowledge to many things about muggles made it so Seungmin grew up learning like every other child in the towns surrounding where he lived, except he also had enough knowledge in magic that he could probably score above most third year students in a test by the time he received his acceptance letter.

If you asked the boy, Seungmin would've said his star quality was the duality between his intelligence and his personality. He knew he was smart, he knew that he wanted to continue being smart (and yes maybe it did take up a large portion of his time and personality) however he was social and very handsome and maybe even a little too adventurous for someone who greatly understood the consequences of doing things he shouldn't.

*

He received his acceptance letter just like every other student at Hogwarts and his parents treated him a lot while shopping in Diagon Alley, his first gift was an owl, while the family already had their own this meant Seungmin now had the accessibility to an owl at all times, it was a beautiful tawny owl that Seungmin quickly formed a close connection with. Another gift was an advanced potions kit, something most students at Hogwarts would never need but Seungmin was different.

King's Cross Station felt so different to the young boy than any other place he had been, staying in the countryside most of his life made places that were so busy seem otherworldly. So as Seungmin bounced along the platform with his parents towing behind, it wasn't a surprise that he collided with someone else almost full force.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so so so sorry, I didn't see you there at all." Seungmin was quick to say to the boy he had nearly knocked over. His mum's voice wasn't far behind "Well Seungmin if you stopped being such an excited puppy then maybe you would've seen the poor boy." The boy shot a pout back at her and she really did try her hardest to hold back her laugh, even if she failed.

"Wow, he really does look like a puppy." Seungmin almost forgot about the student in front of him before he whispered that.
"Puppy's just a nickname, you can call me Seungmin or Min or Minnie, whatever floats your boat really." Yes, Seungmin Kim such a sociable person. "And you? What's your name?"
The brown-haired boy in front of him must've been a first year, given his shyness surrounding the conversation. "Jisung, or Han. You can call me Han if you want to, I don't mind either." Jisung cut himself off to think for a second, "This is my older brother as well, he's..."
"A muggle, yeah, we can tell." Jisung's eyes widened with Seungmin's observation.