treize » i can feel the rage burning up inside my heart

It takes a few days for Jisung to be released from the infirmary. Madam Abbott wanted to make sure there were no residual effects from the magic and the convulsions. She ruled out the convulsions being a part of a seizure, instead coming to the conclusion with Jisung's input that the convulsions must've been linked to the dream he had.

Still, he spends the rest of the school week in the infirmary, his friends visiting when they can and Seungmin helping him to stay on top of all of his schoolwork. Apparently, the younger had written home to their parents which had resulted in their mum sending a letter back almost immediately asking if she could come and visit and make sure that Jisung was okay herself. Luckily, Seungmin talked her down and said that everything had been dealt with. They'd talk everything over during winter break anyways.

He gets let out on Friday evening, Felix, Seungmin and Jeongin all come to make sure he's okay and walk with him to the great hall for dinner. They join their other friends at a table, Jisung flashes Minho a quick smile. He still doesn't know the older boy that well but they've talked a few more times since the first night. He does know that Minho's interest in magical creatures is just as deep as his own interest in plants.

The conversation remains casual while they eat, talking about quidditch and classes. Chan is the one to change the topic first, "Now that you've left the hospital wing, what happens next?" The question is entirely directed at Jisung, Felix left the infirmary the same day he woke up.
"I don't know, not fully anyways. I know that I'm uncomfortable with whatever's happening inside of me and all I really want is to understand it."
"Maybe you should talk to a professor," Changbin adds. "I'm sure someone will be able to give you more insight."

The brunette knows that the Gryffindor is telling the truth, if anyone around here is likely to know more about this then it must be a professor. There's a chance that one of the paintings may know something but its not to most convenient way of learning when you constantly have people walking past you and eavesdropping.

"I'll talk to Flitwick and McGonagall this weekend, surely one of them will know something, right?" Once again having to seek out Professors when he doesn't want to, Jisung is starting to think maybe this isn't all that fun. It was never fun, way too overwhelming to be fun.

*

Professor Flitwick is maybe the easiest to find on a weekend, during the day he is almost always in either the charms classroom or the duelling club. Jisung seeks him out around midday, finding him in the charms classroom, the older man is sat at the desk towards the end of the room, quill in hand scratching away at the parchment beneath it.

Jisung knocks on the door to catch his attention, its strange how someone can have known someone for years and yet still find it awkward to gain their attention and talk to them for a short while. But who would Jisung be without being a little strange.

"How can I help you, Mr Han?" Professor Flitwick says.
"I was wondering if you could help me understand something." He takes a breath. "I'm sure you've heard about my stay in the infirmary from Madam Abbott. It was rather unusual."
Flitwick has a knowing look in his eyes, "All of the professors were told that something serious had happened, only some details were given. You are entitled to your own privacy as long as you, your friends and the school isn't in harm."
"Well that's it, I don't think we are safe." Jisung doesn't know exactly who or what he means by 'we', just that it gets the point across. "I wanted your input, the dream I had and how it links to what happened to me is something I'm hoping to ask Professor McGonagall about. The magic I heard about in my dream, however, is something I hope you might know about, even if it is brief."

Jisung looks around the room, giving himself time to get his words together. There's a chance Flitwick won't know anything at all.
"The Headmaster in my dream, he mentioned archaic magic. Although, he didn't seem to know much about it other than that it was the cause of a Professors injuries."
"Other than the magic we use today, I know ancient magic exists." The man starts to say. "I don't know everything about ancient magic but I do know that it was very strong and only a few witches and wizards can harness it today while a lot of the wizarding population do not know of it's existence"
He pauses for a minute, to think and to let Jisung take it in. "If the Headmaster was speaking of archaic magic, I can only imagine that it's much stronger than ancient magic. There is a chance that it could be a part of the origins of the wizarding world, I have never heard it mentioned or read it in a book in my many years of life so if it does exist like you believe then it cannot be something that's common knowledge even to wizards who consider themselves scholars of the history of magic."

"How can we be sure that what I saw was real?" Jisung asks.
"There is no direct way of knowing but what happened to you after what happened in your dream is too much of a correlation for it to just be a coincident."

He knew that, Jisung knew that there was no chance of this being something he could brush off. Flitwick confirming his theories didn't make him feel much better but it allowed him to understand more. They talked about Dumbledore after that, how the old Headmaster knew about and used ancient magic, but had never mentioned archaic magic to the charms professor. Jisung thanked him for the information and told him that he would find McGonagall to talk about it more.

Hopefully the Headmistress would be able to help him more.

*

She does help. Jisung asks her directly about the link between his dream and what happened to him. He explains the happenings of the night before and the dream and then recounts what Felix said about his convulsions, finishing with what happened to his eyes, which is still visible, and the conversation he previously had with Professor Flitwick.

They focus on the dream to begin with, McGonagall asks whether there was anything that specifically made it stand out as being something real and not just his subconcious. Jisung has to think hard, he easily could've made up what Hogsmeade looked like centuries ago. It's the walk up to the castle that made it real, the way the pathway was too specific, floo powder points would've just been built in around the time Jisung believed it to be, the position of the magical creature dens, the fact that he didn't just somehow magically teleport to the castle.

"It was like I was in someone else's body, someone who had been there at that time, but to me I was myself. However, when I was in the Headmasters office and walking through Hogwarts it was like no one knew I was there." The brunette plays it through in his head again.
"And the magical beam, that you assume was archaic magic, it caused your convulsions?" McGonagall asks.
"I believe so, within my dream it felt like I had been knocked out. Immediately after I woke up exhausted and in so much pain, I could hear Felix, I think that was during the convulsions, after they stopped was when I opened my eyes enough to realise I was in the dorms."

The Headmistress doesn't speak for a few minutes, Jisung sits in the chair twiddling his thumbs waiting for her to say something, anything.
"I'm not a professional when it comes to divination, but to me it seems that almost like a seer, you had a vision, rather than being of the future it was a flashback to something that happened in the past, something I believe neither you or anyone alive today would have knowledge of." She stops speaking for a beat. "This is just a theory but I am inclined to believe that you have a connection to the archaic magic that has been mentioned, what you have been seeing around the castle and its grounds must also be archaic magic leaking through into our time and then on top of that the archaic magic wanted you to see that conversation between the Headmaster and the other Professor."

It's truly plausible to be shocked by Professor McGonagall's theory, Jisung Han is just another muggleborn, he wasn't even born in this country, he doesn't have any heritage here.

"Jisung, I implore you to be careful. As soon as something starts to change here I need you to tell me, keep yourself safe. You're a good student, I would hate for anything to happen to you."

—————

wrote 1k of this in less than an hour because i didn't write yesterday. stream social path by stray kids ft. lisa