Chapter 6 - Arcade

The two girls got to experience the same dates at least once. One highlight was the arcade. There was a story of when Tohka went to one with Shido and she thought it was chicken. Yeah... It ended up being a pillow that she goes to sleep with. The one date that stood out was Yuzuru grabbing a necklace from a vending machine. As Kaguya had an idea for the next time she went. Make it a couples date. A little romantic at the claw machine as well as competitive head-to-head matchups. Hard to say no to air hockey.

At the claw machine this was the first time Kaguya went to one. It was filled with plushies. The couple was looking around to see if there was anything that peeked their fancy.

"Hey, what's that?" Kaguya found a blue turtle (I don't want to make a Pokémon war here, bare with me.)

"Oh, hmmm, a little buried, but a few turns can't hurt." (F/N) smirked and put a coin in.

"A few?" Pondered Kaguya.

"Not my strong suit and have to get what's on top of it. But, I'll see what a few coins can do."

First attempt sees a yellow mouse on top of it. Dragging the claw over and double checking to see if it was lined up on the side. Sure enough it worked. Lifting it up by its head and hoisting up. Then getting halfway to the bin before it slipped from the Clay's grasp.

"Welp. Let's see if this is clear now." He put in another coin. Second round of being the crane. Minus the union. Going over to the turtle and when the claw went down it grasped its head. Up, left, then slipped right before it hit the plastic guard. "Perhaps not."

"Oh. That's a shame." Pouted Kaguya in disbelief.

"A few more rounds. Let's do it." A third coin in the slot. "Gently." Just moving a tick over to the right and a hair up. Down the claw went and got a good grasp on the blue turtle. "Come on. Give it to me." Left, over, release. In the bin. "Alright! Grab it."

Kaguya grabbed the plushie and hugged it. "It's so cute. Thank you (F/N)." A wide smile on her face.

"You like it?"

"Yeah. But, you had something you wanted too."

"That I do. Hopefully this will be just another minute." Coin number four going into the slot. "My first time I feel like took me like fifteen tries to get this right. And the plushie I didn't really like. It was really about just grabbing something at that point. Let's see. If not, I'm grabbing change. I'm committed now." (F/N) saw his last coin go in and he was ready.

Kaguya just stood there hugging her plushie in disbelief. His commitment. Maybe that's why I like him so much. The look on his face, the way he says he's going to do it, and he hasn't backed down from a challenge since I met him. Go get it (F/N). You deserve that mouse.

Where it fell it was on top of that end of the pile. Slightly angled, but very doable. The claw landed diagonal which wasn't ideal. He was doubtful as he was about to take out his wallet and get change. Turns out as it raised it held on somehow. Maybe it was meant to be. Who knows. The yellow mouse plushie fell into the landing zone. He did it. Somehow getting lucky.

"I didn't see that coming." (F/N) looked over in a middle step of walking away from the machine. "I got it?" He reached his hand in. "Not complaining."

"We both have one now." Smiled Kaguya hugging into (F/N) holding his plushie.

"Yeah, we do. Call it luck. Nice."

"Call it as you will, but I find it funny how you had four coins in your pocket and it took two turns to each of us one of these cute little pets. You call it luck but I feel like something, I don't know, doesn't feel like this is the way it should be?" She pondered.

He thought about it for a moment. Simple math and the fact two of them left with plushies they like. That doesn't happen every day. "Hmmm, something like that."

"So I'm not just crazy?" Pondered Kaguya.

"No. No one's crazy here." He nodded/

"Well that's good to hear." 

Shido told me you never call or refer to a woman being crazy. It involved Origami and an apple. It's not a banana, but why does it feel wrong? She have this thing about the forbidden fruit? Technically she is, well, can't say it but you can't call her that. Rather him then me. Fair game. "So Kaguya, what now?"

"We've been here for hours. What about dinner? Shido cooking at home?"

"I believe he is. He's the best too. But also, hmmm, maybe late lunch after school sometime. I'll think of something. Don't you worry."

Kaguya smiled. "The claw. I wonder how you do it."

"Practice. Just like your powers. I cannot make a hurricane. Heck, I can't make a gust of wind to blow out a candle. But if I had your powers I'd have to practice. See what I'm doing wrong and go from there. It's not impossible to learn a human activity or task."

"Can we come back sometime?" She asked.

"I'll make change." He nodded.

Kaguya hugged him. Squishing her face into his cheek. "You're the best."

"Don't mention it."

It was an easy task today. The twins and (F/N) were getting along great. There was much more to come and more spirits to deal with soon. However there was hope. Although, what would ever happen if the two were mad and royally angry at poor (F/N) at the same time? That was the true ticket and measurement on their relationship.

~~~~~

[ Don't forget to comment freely and tell us you're favorite girl from Date A Live.

-Relly ]