-Chapter Four-

-
TW: Basically Child Abandonment

Enjoy
-

A tight ball in the corner. That's what you were. You curled up out of fear of your mother finding out that Jax entered the basement last night. He wouldn't be punished, no, you were.

You lied? Cheated in games or tests? Told the truth? Put the blame on others? Get the blame out on you? Stay up too late? Wake up too early? Accidentally get left behind? Get somewhere first? Get hurt? Hurt something or someone? Punishment. All. Punishment.

A small whimper of fear left your throat as you tried to seem like you weren't paying any attention to that. Pretending you were sleeping. It was morning now, and yes, it took a while to decipher your mother's shitty child handwriting.

The door opened, and Jinx ushered you upward. You moved quickly up the stairs and into his arms. He softly smiled down at you and then picked you up before walking out of the house. Callie left the room for a solid minute to find... something. Jaxon moved quickly, and it took a mere few minutes before the Pizzaplex came into view. He quickly paid for a pass for you to enter the daycare.

Entering the top area of the place, he got down to ear level and whispered, "Y/N, I'm sorry, but... I'm not letting you come home.."

"Jinxy...?" you said slowly, thinking you didn't hear him correctly. "What do you mean?"

"I'll visit you, I promise," he patted your head. "And, I'll give you Mom's diary tomorrow. Just tell the attendants about you staying here now, and if they ask why -" he stopped himself. "No, I'll them. I don't think you could bring yourself to."

You froze. You can't be a bother to them! Staying just one night made you feel bad about overhearing it! Staying your life here now would make you feel so bad and so... burden-like... "I promise I'll tell them!"

"Alright, I'll be back tomorrow," he patted your head once more before leaving. You stayed in that one singular spot for minutes.

All that was happening was you gazing at the door, mentally stopping yourself from even shedding a single tear. I didn't enter the playplace, I just sat on the ground, refusing any movement.

"Kid, are you alright?" A feminine voice asked from in front of you, breaking you from the void of thoughts.

"I miss my brother..." You just muttered.

She paused, staring at you. She picked you up, and you just panicked. You kicked your legs against her, making her drop you. After she did such a thing, she looked at you and just covered her mouth. "I'm so sorry, kid!"

You knew never to mention home issues. Callie threatened that many times. You were so used to faking emotions, despite it being useless against your mother. You forced tears from your eyes. A small, real-sounding fake sob left your mouth.

The lady crouched down and gently held your face. "I-I'll take you inside the daycare..." she then fully picked you up, causing you to thrash again. You didn't trust anyone but your brother, Sun, Moon, and Gregory to hold you in such a way.

While in her arms, she just couldn't handle the thrashing, so she tossed you down the slide. Quite harshly. Nothing you weren't used to, however. She didn't apologize this time, and then she just entered a party room.

Your head was barely above the balls in the ball pit, and you just moved behind the slide, so you can hide and not get hit by other kids sliding down. The attendants didn't know you were there, and you tried to keep it that way.

-
Heya!

Uhm, it's kinda boring. Sorry if it was...

Anyway! Have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

638 Words
-