-Chapter Nineteen-

-
TW: Death and Mentions of Abuse

Enjoy
-

Your breathing picked up immensely. No, no, no, no...

"Jinxy! Please! Brother, please don't go!" You cried out with tears pouring down your face as more and more doctors had to get pulled into the room. The injures weren't that serious. What even happened!?

All you knew was that Markus, your dad, was grinning while being on the call. Gregory was with you. You trusted him more than your dad, who just had no fatherly experience at all. The beeping had longer and longer breaks.

Jaxon was perfectly fine yesterday... he was awake, healing, being normal. But now... he's being forced with... whatever the hell it was!

You can't lose him... he was the only one who could ever save you from your mother. He was the only family you truly loved... the one you trusted.

"Jaxon! Please!" You stopped struggling against Gregory's hold on you, and instead, you turned around and buried your face in his shirt. You've been through so much just being 8... but... this was too much. You couldn't handle it.

Then... the dream reentered your mind. You knew the sound of death... he was getting closer and closer.

One of the many doctors left the room to talk with you and Markus. Who looked as if he couldn't give a damn anymore. He was caring for him just days ago, but now... he's totally different. His whimpy personality flipped.

That man... wasn't your dad.

"Excuse me, but your... dau- sorry- son has been seeing signs of being poisoned, strangled, stabbed then those stab wounds were poorly stitched to try to hide the wounds, and lastly, he seems to be missing a kidney, with his vocal cords torn and strained," the doctor explained.

Taking a glance at Markus. He seemed so... happy. But he had to hide his grin. That's when you saw it... purple. There was purple in his irises... That was Glitchtrap. He took control of your unsuspecting father and then killed your brother so that you could shake his hand willingly and become his next way of living.

Little did he know... this would make your determination so much more.

The doctor was speaking again but was quickly cut off by 4 simple yet heartbreaking words... "WE ARE LOOSING HIM!"

He ran back inside with worry. Those words made you grib Gregory's shirt. He rubbed your back softly, hoping to calm you down. Your eyes caught Markus- Glitchtrap smiling. He was even looking right at you, tempting you to attack. You knew you couldn't. If you did, he'd let go of the control, letting your actual dad feel you beat him.

Soon, the panicked yells went quiet. All that echoed through the hall was the one, mentally deafening sound... the prolonged beep that never ended.

The sound from your dream.

You sobbed loudly. Digging your face as much as you could into the daycare attendant's shirt. Jaxon... Jinx... was gone. He can't come back. He won't come back. The promise he made 2 years ago was broken... the only promise he ever made to you that was life long... even longer than life...

()
Two years ago, in the basement
()

"Y/N... hey, hey, look at me," the fourteen year old said softly to you, his 6 year old sibling. His hands were on your shoulders as you cried your eyes out.

Callie hurt you... not the first time. But this was the first time she left you without food for a week. You were just crying, trying to stay silent. Jaxon was with you, trying not to let your mother find out he was down there.

"Please... look at me..." he said softer than before. He didn't like seeing you cry. It hurt his heart.

You tilted your head to look at him, feeling him wipe away the many tears that never ended. "Jinxy...?"

"Please don't cry..." he held you gently against his chest. "Y/N, I will always be here for you..."

You held out your pinky. "Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise," he wrapped his pinky around yours. "Even when the world ends, I'll always protect you. I promise to you... I'll never leave your side."

His promise made you smile a little. "Never ever?"

"Never ever. Forever," he repeated.

You grinned like a six year old would when gaining a silly idea. "Fiveever?"

"You silly little -" he lightly laughed. "Yes, fiveever."

()
Present
()

You knew he'd die eventually... but... you never expected two years after that life-long promise. The both of you made that promise as you both assumed you'd die due to natural causes of old age... but not like this...

Gregory picked you up and held you gently. He softly rocked you in his arms. Sad when a non father acts more fatherly than your true dad. All you did was cry and sob. Not giving a damn how loud the cries were. You lost your sibling... forever... the only one who could make you give a true smile after Callie's cruel, unforgettable, unforgivable punishments.

Now that he was gone... who will fill that empty role of sibling love...?

No one. You have no other siblings. No other family that loves you or even knows you exist. This means there is no singular person to fill the love from a sibling. A parent love is one thing. Romantic love is another, friendship love is another, and all can be replaced with small struggle.

But sibling love? If you have one sibling, no one can fill that void. If there's more, the love that one sibling gave can't be overrun forever... an only child... the love is either there, or never even existed...

Given the choice to see his dead body or not.. you chose no. You love him, but you can't stand to see a dead body of a loved one... anyone else, sure. Who cares... but a loved one.. a family member? Seeing them dead hurts much more than hearing about it...

-
Heya!
Jaxon died... how sad.... but hey, the story must go on..

But you know... I wonder... who killed him? Truly killed him...

Hmm... what a thought to wonder..

Now then! Have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

1040 Words
-