-Chapter Six-

-
TW: Hints of abuse

Enjoy
-

You froze up. Do you lie or tell the truth. Both have outcomes that you didn't want.

If you lied, he could be able to tell. Then he'd be upset and yell and hurt you... or he'd believe your lie and try to make you go home. What if he knew you lied and just didn't do anything about it, and all he did was do the exact same!?

On the other hand, if you told the truth... he'd think you're lying, so it's understandable that you stay overnight. What if he believed you and called CPS and you had to leave.. what if you never saw Jinx again. Or, what if Moon took you and hurt you because he thought you were lying...

Oh! What to say!? You internally panicked. Your eyes looked around in a sporadic way.

A sigh left Moon's mouth. "Listen, I won't let Gregory or Sun find out about you being here at night. Just nod or shake your head."

Slowly, you nodded your head. You weren't sure of his reaction, but you damn well weren't expecting his arms to wrap themselves around you. Feeling your small body tense, Moon's hands slowly rubbed your back in a calming way. He softly shushed you in a way to have you calm down. It wasn't a harsh shush to make you shut the hell up.

He held you against his chest, and he sat up against the wall you had curled into last night. A soft warmth was emitted from his chest where your child body rested against. Your eyes closed, and he just softly played a song so that you could hear it, but Sun and Gregory wouldn't be able to. You trusted the other two, yes, but with this situation, you weren't sure how they'd react..

Moon's hands gently pet you on the head, something new. It wasn't head pats, but it was just your head being rubbed in a calming manner. With your eyes being closed, the warmth from his chest, and the soft music... it made you sleepy.

()()()

You woke up to find a soft, fuzzy blanket overtop of you. Sitting up slowly made you realize there were kids here, and Moon was gone from the leaning against the wall. Slowly, you peered out of the play structure, holding the blanket in your hands. Your eyes then spot Jinx standing at the doorway, talking with Moon. Sun and Gregory were elsewhere playing with other kids.

With as fast as you could, you basically ran into Jaxon and hugged him... well, his legs since you were a short child. He placed his hand on your head and stopped talking. You tilted your head up, and you smiled brightly at him. That moment was when you noticed him holding something.

"Here," he gave the book to you. "Mom doesn't need it... so..."

"Thank you!" You said very happily. 

You felt hands gently pick you up, but it wasn't Jax. Moon was now holding you. You didn't try to fight back, which surprised your 16 year old brother.

"They aren't... fighting back?" He said in confusion.

Moon's head tilted. "Why would they?"

"They hate anyone except me picking them up," he answered while looking at me softly. "Well, I need to head to my work now," he playfully poked you, making you giggle. Then he looked at Moon and just said, "I know I'm not supposed to, but... please let them stay overnight; Mom isn't the best to them... and, please don't call CPS."

With a soft smile, Moondrop nodded. "Don't worry, they'll be fine. Sun and I cared for Gregory like that; he just... lives here."

You stopped paying attention after that. It didn't seem important for your mind to pay attention to. The only thing that broke your staring into space was feeling Jax kiss your forehead softly. Your eyes looked at him, and you smiled.

"Bye, silly," he said as he headed toward the door. He watched you wave him a goodbye.

Moon's other hand was placed on your head. You turned to look at him, and he looked back at you. "After hours, I'll get you a room for yourself. How's that sound, hm?"

"No more cold floors? No more basements?" You asked with a small head tilt.

"You've been sleeping in a -" he stopped himself. "Yeah, no more basement bedrooms."

-
Heya!

Ya know, I'm curious, who sleeps in a basement?

Well, then, have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

755 Words
-