Hunting Festival?

Yue slowly walked toward her, as if she was scared about her flying away. 

She singing when she noticed them. She smiles at them while laying on the ground. "Wh-what's wrong? Are you feeling unwell." She spoke slowly, she didn't dare to scarred. She shook her head. "I'm fine, little sister. Just relaxing.  Did you win, Big Sister?"

"Of course. We're getting ready to head back. Can you walk?"

"I think so."

Rio stood up with Yue's help. But, it looks like her legs are asleep.

"Little Alya, at this rate, it'll be dark by the time you reach the carriage," Yue joked.

"Big Sister!" Rio angrily yelled. Unfortunately, there really wasn't anything she could do about this situation.

"But it's fine; you have me."

After saying so, Fang Ye lifted Rio off her feet, into a princess hug. She then started making her way to the carriage.

Of course, everyone saw this, it baffled them.

The unexpected princess had come so suddenly that even Rio was shocked, let alone everyone else.

The fifth prince's kept twitching his handsome face. His heart was extremely restless.

He had always known that Fang Yue wasn't a normal girl However, Fang Yue had once again refreshed his understanding of her uniqueness. 

Xu Mei covered her mouth with an embroidered handkerchief to hide her surprise. Inwardly, , she was thrilled to see this sight.

Xu Mei had just shown to not have even an tiny shard of womanly manners. Any normal (Ancient)man wouldn't want such a woman.

Only the General's manor could raise such an uncouth lady.

[Reina: Okay, let me ask a question Host. How does it feel to be in a princess carry?]

[My cousin is very cool and strong]

Jun Zishu did not expect that a 10-year-old girl would be the one to claim her first princess carry. Or to carry her at all.

[Reina: Are you touched?]

[Yes, very much so]

The other could only helplessly watch as Yue carried off Rio

Similarly to Rio body, Fang Yue's body is brimming with strength. She showed no signs of struggling when carrying Rio in her arms,  only after reaching the carriage did she let Rio down.

"You're too light, Alya" Yue chuckled.

She only smiled in embarrassment before thanking her cousin.

Even if the body is formidable, she's still a child. And younger than Fang Yue, herself!

Suddenly, Reina shouted in her mind. [Reina: Host! The 7th princess princess gotten the letter!!] She felt immensely please and relieved. In honesty, she doesn't think she made the right move. But, there's no choice, the 7th princess faces hardships and trails that would break a normal person. Along the line, she makes mistakes that help her enemy greatly. I don't want that to happen. If possible, I want Yue to be on her side. It' s great if the beloved daughter of another general supports her.

Now,  all I need to do is make Yue hate the 6th prince. And there already something there that can help her. The female lead, Xu Mei. Yue dislike Xu mei due to her personality or....at least the one she shows. She always acts frail, 'unknowingly' insulting others and crying 'unjustly' because 'she didn't now.' The only reason Yue's only tolerating her is because of the imperial family, her playmates and Lai Huai. 

Thus, she must wither tear down that green tea b!tch's face or reveal's Lai Haui's intentions. The easiest is the former. When she does that, it's game over for them. Fang Yue's pride and temper wouldn't allow this and would fight with Lai Huai. The male lead will obliviously fight fight for his white moonlight. They would engage in a fierce battle and Yue would never want to associate with him, let alone marry him.

She nodded this plan within her heart. She saw what kind of opponent will Xu Mei be. 

"(It's my win.)" She plays with her jade-green hair, seemingly to pass time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the southern borders

"Hah!!" She slashed the wooden dummy with full force. A huge gash appeared on its abdomen. It was deep, but wasn't enough to slice it in half. "Tch!" She frowned, then grabbed her wooden sword to hack at the wooden doll. She raised her sword to try again.

 The imperial inspector came in earlier, trotting around, disturbing everyone; acting like he's the master. Not her! She's not some decorations!! But, right now, she need to cool off.

She need to blow some steam on.

Suddenly, she thought of the jade-green hair strand and calmed down a little. She couldn't let her plays go haywire so quickly in the game. She still need to avenge her mother.....And get the crown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahh!!" They were in the library when Yue suddenly shouted. "I almost forgot!" She leaned in closer. "The hunting festival is soon!!" That's where Rio got puzzled. Hunting festival? What's that

"In order to pay respect to the emperor and heavens, the hunting festival is where noblemen gather and hunt for glory and honor." She quickly explained, sensing her little sister's curiosity. "It's mandatory for the imperial princes and male relatives to participate." Rio nodded, okay that how but........

"Are girls allowed to participate?" Yue body instantly froze. She was extremely surprised for her to ask that.

"Well, yes, they can."

Yue absentmindedly scratched her head while gazing into her sister's wide, sparkling eyes. "Certainly. Some of the noblewomen would organize hunts for amusement, capturing small game," she began, but she didn't say everything. Considering Rio's background, she wouldn't understand. It's not only for fun, it's also a hunting ground for marriage. Martial and military families were not for the faint-hearted; they were known for their strength and resilience. The wives of these officials sought daughters-in-law who were even more stronger and capable than normal, it's fierce competition based on strength, survival skills, and intelligence.

But her little sister doesn't need to know all of that.

 She continued, "In fact, the first woman to do this is my great-great grandmother, Fang Zia!" She puffed out her chest, feeling proud of herself. After all, the first woman to participate was from her family. It was like having a celebrity as a sibling.

"(She must really admire Zia...)" She couldn't help but to smile. It was cute, after all. "Are you going to participate?" She asked.

"Yes, although I'm a girl, I am still apart of the Fang family. " She patted her chest. Not every girl participates in the hunt after all. "Then, I'll join too." It was Yue's turn to be shocked again. Her? Her darling little sister? Her kid sister? Participating where?

"No!!" She could not allow that!!

"Why?" I tilted my head, it not like I'm made out of glass......."The festival isn't a game!! You can get hurt you know." Ai, looks like I'm going to have to do this the hard way."I know. But I'm not that weak. Look!" She stuck out her gold arm.

Yue was taken aback once again. Despite her slender arm, it concealed tight, compact muscles. It was likely that her entire body was the same way. This revelation left her astonished.

So her sister sister isn't what she seemed.

She exhaled deeply, releasing her sister's wrist. Then, she rose to her feet and said," Come on. I have something I want to try with you." 

Rio obediently followed.

Not knowing what's in store.