The kindness never disappears

Tanjirou had been allowed to go outside once a month, while Nakime and Muzan searched for Ubuyashiki's hiding place. Tanjirou loved those nights when he was allowed to go outside and see the sky again. It also gave him a better understaning of how much time had passed.

Tanjirou hopped quietly through the dark forest. His sensitive nose picked up all sorts of scents. The fresh and cold scent of the river nearby, the small and slightly agressive scents the animals had left behind to mark their territory. Then a new scent appeared in the air. The smell of blood, though it wasn't human blood. No it was simply blood from an injured animal. Oh there the animal in question is.

It was a small rabbit. It had a wound on it's back.

"Hey little guy." Tanjirou mutterred softly. The rabbit was scared of Tanjirou's demonic precense, but couldn't run away. "No need to worry, here." Tanjirou reached over and gently tied a cloth around the rabbit's wound.

The rabbit couldn't move yet so Tanjirou took the opportunity to pet the rabbit's soft fur. Slowly as the minutes went by, the rabbit began to relax into Tanjirou's touch. It was still trembling out of fear, but could understand that Tanjirou, at least for now, didn't mean no harm. A few minutes or maybe even an hour later, the rabbit ran. The wound was healed enough for the small animal to move. Tanjirou stared into the trees, where the rabbit had run off to. He could feel Kokushibo's empty stare drilling into his back.

"Let's go... the sun... is about... to rise."

Tanjirou nodded and jumped next to Kokushibo and accompanied by a biwa sound, the duo was back at the infinity castle.

The end was near, everyone could feel it. Who knows who will win?