It begins

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FINALLY A CHAPTERRRRR

Tanjirou playfully swung his legs as he stared into the depths of the Infinity castle.

"Muzan-sama left an hour ago. He should be arriving back soon." Tanjirou pondered.

Then he heard someone shout. It was Kokushibo. Tanjirou turned around to face his teacher.

"Tanjirou... the demon slayers... have been... transported here. Come... here." Kokushibo said.

Tanjirou followed the order and stood up. Now he was able to sense the groups of demon slayers running around. Tanjirou hopped towards the six eyed demon and clung to his arm once he reached him. Kokushibo didn't seem to care enough to tell Tanjirou not to do that and ran back to his "dojo", with Tanjirou hanging onto his arm.

"Be ready... for when the... demon hunters arrive."

Tanjirou nodded closed his eyes. When his vision darkened, his hearing sharpened and all of the scent became more clearer. He was able to draw a picture into his mind. A picture of a group of demon slayers running close to Kokushibo's dojo. However the group turned away on a intersection and ran away from the dojo. Tanjirou sat down and concentrated. His senses reached deeber into the fortress and he saw two hashiras trying to attack Nakime, it wasn't really going well.

About a few minutes later someone crashed into the dojo. It was a young boy, probably younger than Tanjirou, or maybe not, Tanjirou wasn't sure how old he was. The boy had long black hair that ended in cyan tips. His eyes were cyan as well. The uniform looked a bit too big on him.

The unifrom.

In one of Tanjirou's earliest memories, Tanjirou had an uniform that looked almost identical to the boy's. A demon slayer uniform.

Was he a demon slayer before?

It didn't matter, did it? Kokushibo had told him all that mattered. If he was a demon slayer and it mattered, Kokushibo would've told him. Maybe he wasn't a very talented one.

Kokushibo had probably greeted the demon slayer because he had raised his head. When he saw Tanjirou next to Kokushibo he seemed more shocked than when he had seen Kokushibo's rank. He looked like he knew Tanjirou. Did he?

"You...." The boy muttered. "You're that boy from the trial."

Trial? So he knew Tanjirou? But what trial?

"Who are you exactly?" Tanjirou asked. "Do I know you?"

"Don't pay... attension to his... words." Kokushibo said, laying a hand on Tanjirou's shoulder. "He could... be trying to... distract you."

Tanjirou moved his gaze from the demon slayer to his teacher. Why was Kokushibo's usually calm scent mixed with the scent of annoyance? Normally, even when Akaza and Douma got into a fight for the tenth time in five minutes, Kokushibo's scent always stayed plain, calm, empty. But now there was annoyance. Why?

Tanjirou shook it off and turned back to the demon slayer, but noticed that he wasn't there anymore. Tanjirou turned around and saw the demon slayer behind them. Had Kokushibo dodged his attack and dragged Tanjirou as well?

The demon slayer, most likely a hashira, attacked a few more times. After the third attack Tanjirou got bored and decided to let Kokushibo deal with him. Tanjirou heard Kokushibo talk something about the hashira being his descedant and thinking about turning him into a demon. Tanjirou didn't really pay attension, since he was focusing on something else.

A strangely familiar scent was mixed with the other scents. Where had Tanjirou smelled the scent before? It smelled like... a wild boar? That's how Tanjirou could best describe it. The scent got closer and closer until a boy with a boar head jumped through the roof. The boy laughed quite weirdly and it also seemed like he didn't notice Tanjirou.

Tanjirou jumped towards the boy and kicked him. It wasn't a lethal kick. It might cause damage to the human boy but wouldn't damage him beyond fighting. The boy crashed into the wall. The boy coughed.

"Who-" The boy's loud voice faded into nothingness the moment he spotted Tanjirou. "Monjiro?"

What? Mojiro? Who was Monjiro? Was the boar boy referring to him? But his name was Tanjirou. Tanjirou tilted his head and blinked his four eyes in confusion.

"Are you talking to me?" Tanjirou asked.

When the boar boy arrived, he seemed full of energy. He seemed like he was ready to fight. But after seeing Tanjirou it seemed like he had no desire to fight. Like all of his energy was taken away the moment he spotted Tanjirou. Did he know him?