chapter 28

–kora–

 I don't remember much of anything after being dragged underwater.

It was just an endless nothing. One moment I was struggling and fighting for my life, the next just quiet darkness. 

It was somewhat peaceful.

besides feeling weightless one moment then suddenly choking up a bunch of water and turning on my side to hurl up everything in my lungs onto the ground beside me.

"kora!" Elazar's frantic voice called out above me as all my senses were out of whack. I coughed up the rest of the water in my lungs and gasped for air, heaving on the ground while a large hand rested on my backside. "menya, menya…" he whispered gently in his native tongue  while his hand rubbed my back. 

My body trembled as I finally regained my senses and could feel how wet and cold I was. I was completely blind due to the lack of lighting but I couldn't care less. As long as I could breathe. 

I laid there on the ground on my chest with my cheek to the hard rocky floor as I tried to relax. I was beyond disoriented and could hardly focus on anything but the cold ground, my harsh breathing and the warm touch on my back. 

After a few moments I tried to push myself up onto my hands and knees. Elazar's hands helped me to sit upright and supported me as I swayed a little. "El?" 

"it's okay, menya. I am here." he reassured me and I sighed, closing my eyes, my body shivering from the cold. Before I understood what was happening I felt warm hands sliding under my sopping wet clothes, pulling them from my body. 

I starred in an attempt to stop them, to cling to what little sense of dignity I had but my mind was still a bit too muddled and my body all too tired to really do much. My wet clothes were stripped from my body and I was pulled against Elazar's warm chest, nearly as naked as the day I was born. 

Almost instantly I melted into his warmth and gave up all fight, climbing to him as his arms wrapped around me. "I will warm you, just rest." 

I didn't protest and closed my eyes keeping as close to the alien man as I physically could. I couldn't see anything and besides the cold from the damp cave air and my wet hair, all I cared about feeling-wize was the warmth of Elazar body heat.

I could hear water dripping from somewhere in the cave along with the beating of Elazar's heart as it thrummed in my ear. The thick musty smell of the cave was easily overshadowed by El's woodsy scent that reminded me of mahogany and something close to rain? "are you…okay?" He spoke again in his language, doing his best to use words I could actually understand. 

I buried my face further into his chest not caring about any repercussions or embarrassment I might have later. "Kora?" he asked questioningly. Keeping his hands still on my backside. 

I mumbled my response in a mix of both our languages, too worn out to do much else. "Shut up and give me a few minutes to recuperate…"

"I do not know that word." he spoke up again with the slightest bit of confusion in his tone. 

Sighing I resigned myself to the fact that we couldn't just stay here like this. We need to figure out where we are and how the hell we are gonna get out of here. "nevermind."

Pulling myself back some sitting upright in his lap i Looked around. I could see what closely resembled mushrooms of some sort faintly glowing further in the cave. They barely gave off much light, only illuminating the area less than a foot around them. 

It wasn't much light but it was better than nothing I suppose. I wanted to run my hands over my face to alleviate some of the stress building up but held back, because of all the cuts I had obtained on my hands while trying to free Elazar.