chapter 55

(Sexual content rating: 🔥 🔥 🔥)

–kora–

"Mate, wake up." A gentle voice called out to me staring me from the darkness that held onto my consciousness with a vice grip.

I was so close to slipping back into it but the voice called out to me again and my body was being moved making it harder to fall back into the quiet darkness.

Cracking my eyes open I found myself lying on top of Elazars chest as he tried to sit upright. Only now did I realize just how warm he was. I snuggled up against him wanting to melt into his warmth while he gently combed his fingers through my hair.

"Kora, you need to wake up and drink something." He sat upright moving me into a position where I was straddling him. before lifting my canteen to my lips encouraging me to drink. I took small sips before realizing just how thirsty I actually was. Sitting upright I grabbed the canteen to chug the rest of its contents, spilling a few drops in the process. 

 El chuckled in response and let me finish it off. as I swallowed the last drop and wiped what had run down my chin with the back of my hand I gave him the canteen back and he set it off to the side while eyeing me.

"How do you feel?" He questioned as I rubbed my eyes tiredly. 

"Sore…" he nodded in response With a bit of a sorry look in his eyes as his hand brushed my cheek and his eyes trailed down my body. 

My eyes followed his, seeing a few scratches and bruises on my arms and thighs. 

"I am sorry if I was too rough. It was hard for me to control myself." He admitted while Brushing a lock of hair from my face. "You were too beautiful to resist." 

"Mmhm" I hummed tiredly. "Well if I lose the ability to walk for the next few days, your ass is gonna have to carry me just remember that."

He smiled down at me and stayed silent, leaning back against the tree we were sitting under. "I will take you to the healing pool tonight to soothe your aching body”

“Yeah, good idea I probably need it…”

Looking up at Elazar's face I could see his hair was a bit messy, although not nearly as bad as mine. 

memories from last night flashed in my mind the more I looked at him. He seemed so calm and serene now but before…

His eyes were different, like that of a wild animal. I somewhat remember clinging to him and digging my nails into his back and shoulders trying to hold on as he went at me like a rabbit in heat. When he wasn't busy pounding me into the ground I saw a different look in his eyes. One of concern and uncertainty, just like the look he’s giving me now.

My gaze trailed down to his shoulders and I could see the scratches I had left behind. “Kora- I'm sorry.”

My eyes went back to his as I looked at him confused. Why is he apologizing?

He turned his head away ashamed as he spoke again. “I am sorry if I hurt you badly. It really was hard for me to control myself.” 

My confusion quickly turned to a glare and I grabbed his horn forcing him to look at me. “You moron, you didn't get out of it unscathed either!” He looked me in the eyes as I released his horn and cupped his cheek, softening my glare.

“I won't regret what has happened between us. And I don't want you to regret any of it either, understand? We are in this together.” He silently contemplated my words before nodding.